Hi, I'm using a Taylor K2006 test, and had a general question on pH testing. The kit calls for a 44ml water sample and 5 drops of R-0004. However, the color turns really dark for me and I have a hard time comparing it to any of the colors on the chart. When I use 4 drops, the colors are much closer. Is it ok to use 4 drops, or am I getting an incorrect reading if I do that?

Thanks,

For that size, the instructions call for 5 drops. See the TFP Pool School - pH Test page. It's possible your pH is simply elevated in which case you'll want to lower it (carefully) with muriatic acid. That's where using the Poolmath calculator (link below) comes in handy. Lower in stages so that you don't too low. Also remember that if your FC is elevated (FC over 10) it will also cause the pH to read high. Try to hold the pH comparator against a white background and see if that helps.

Later, you're welcome to post all of your numbers if you'd like us to look at the whole picture. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.