Deck Jet Plumbing Preference - Loop or Manifold

Dec 2, 2017
Gilbert
Hello all, I am in the process of relocating my pool pump/electrical/irrigation and decided to add some deck jets since the kool deck has been removed.

After going back and forth I decided to use Hayward jets vs. that of Pentair due to the height adjustment capabilities.
Where the discrepancy comes in is in the plumbing installation.
Pentair/Jandy recommends installing a manifold loop feeding individual runs to each jet.
Hayward explicitly states the opposite and recommends a system loop with branches to each jet.

My question to you is which system have you had good luck with, and for those that did a loop was each jet uniformed?
I do not care about adjusting each jet if they uniform to begin with.

Also, if plumbed in from a 3-way valve connected to the returns, is it redundant to have another 2 way valve for "Flow Control" as illustrated in the Hayward diagram. Would the initial 3 way be suffice for control?

Thanks in advance!

Hayward.JPGPentair.jpg
IMG_1179.jpg

Well, the one with the X over it may have slightly different pipe resistance by virtue of the different length individual runs but you'll need a flow expert to tell you if that's likely to translate into different performance.

I understand why people choose to do individual runs and a valve, but I am more so interested in the experience of those that had ran the loop.

Did it create a uniform pattern from all the jets?
Anyone run a loop and have less than desirable effects?

Id much rather have 1 control over 4.

I understand why people choose to do individual runs and a valve, but I am more so interested in the experience of those that had ran the loop.

Did it create a uniform pattern from all the jets?
Anyone run a loop and have less than desirable effects?

Id much rather have 1 control over 4.

That's why I gave the suggestion. A loop seems like it would work in theory but you will end of with streams at different heights. I learned this the hard way.

You would still have one valve, the ball valve to each jet is more of a set and forget type thing to initially equalize the flows. If you do the loop, it may work perfectly but if it doesn't, you'll be out of options. Pipe is cheap...

Ours are plumbed separately. Sadly, we have rarely used them, way too noisy.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.