Freeze turning on every 15 min, emptying spa, refilling and repeating

Nov 11, 2017
Cary, NC
Hi

During winter we have programmed our pool to run at night and to turn on the spa for 1-2 hours in the morning. But now that we have below freezing temps (North Carolina), the freeze is turning on in the morning every 15 minutes and emptying the spa to the pool level. Then it starts filling up again, but the water is being sprayed everywhere. Then repeats. Is all this normal? What am I doing wrong? I am concerned this could ruin the system.

Appreciate te any help. Thanks

Bacon Blue

Blue,

Freeze protection should do nothing but turn the pump on and then rotate the valves between the Pool Mode and Spa Mode every 15 minutes. So, I am not sure why this would empty the spa... :confused:

My first guess is that either the Intake or Return valve is not moving...

Does your spa have a spillover into the pool? Do you know what specific circuits you have assigned to freeze control?

Do you have ScreenLogic? If so, please post a screen shot of the following page...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.