New Owner with a Florida Pool

newjudi

Bronze Supporter
Jul 21, 2017
Englewood Florida
Hi All,

I've been lurking around the forum all summer and I have learned a lot so Thanks! I picked our Gulfstream Heater and our Dohney Discovery robot thanks to the information on this forum and I could not be more pleased!
But now it's time for me to really start to work on our pool as I want to use it year round.

My first question is given that I have a Saltwater pool which test kit and test do you recommend based on my info? I must say I was a bit overwhelmed by the selections in Pool School and I am nervous that if I don't order the right kit I will not be able to ask the right questions. Having spent the summer dealing with a variety of pool stores and getting different answers from the same water sample I KNOW that is not the way to go.

12x26 fiberglass; Hawaiian 7,000 gallons
Pentair Intelliflow Variable Speed 3HP
Pentair Clean & Clear RP Model CCRP150 Cartridge Filter
Chlorine Generator: Hayward SwimPure Plus
Cell: T-Cell-9-SWP
Heater: Gulfstream HI-150 136,000 BTU

So thanks again for your help,
Judi

TF100 with the salt option. If any questions, call Becky at tftestkits.net. You won’t find anyone more helpful and friendly.

Welcome to TFP!

Judi,

Welcome to TFP... A great resource for all your pool maintenance questions... :shark:

Unless you can do three things at once, I also suggest the magnetic stirrer.. It makes the testing much easier and the results more accurate and repeatable.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.