just signed contract for new pool in Fort Lauderdale,FL

Yeah I’ve heard the same thing about pebble being far superior to a white based quartz. I’ve also seen friends who have 5-7 yr old “diamond brite” that looks horrible even with consistent makntwnce. (not sure if it’s actually DB but it seems to be the term used for all quartz).

My pool builder uses cli so my color options are cli crystal stone. Was thinking cli midnight blue but not a lot of pictures out there... and I have about a day to decide lol.

I had to go back and look at that "slide" a few times. I was SO hoping it was just the angle of the picture but..........:shock: in what world do they even think that is "flat"???? Yeah they can have a change order BUT with it stating you do not have to pay any more money for that! I would get a long level and take a pic of the slope with it on it for the future. Hopefully you will not need it but better to have an not need.

Plaster-the darker the color to more prone it is to streaking and such. It REALLY depends on the skills of the installers and the start up followed for the new plaster. Here is a set of links I put together for plaster start up:

How to set up to have the best plaster job: A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes

Brief snap shots of different start ups: Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Full run down on the best BUT hardest start up: A Bicarb Start-up guide for TFP members

Next best start up BUT it leaves out to NOT put water in the pool right away. Wait at least 6 hours after plaster is put in before putting water in! The back of the card is what you want: google "NPC start up card". (I can't link to pdf files for some reason.)

Make sure to share this info with your pool builder!

Kim:kim:

addtl stairs to eliminate the slope are going to be added tmrw as well..

so it appears its too late to change as they are going to plaster and fill tmrw. pebble would take a few weeks to order. My wallet will thank me. Oh well one of those things you focus on and in the end there are positives to the light finish anyways.

Plus my wife doesn't exactly love the idea of a dark pool on a canal so you know what they say....happy wife.......and snakes etc may be hard to spot... and i'm sure ducks /birds would think its part of the canal.......and my led lighting will show up better......and and and.....

- - - Updated - - -

thanks Kim!! also what TFP kits should i be ordering for a SWG pool - start up looks like it will be Saturday.....

as far as the change order to add steps they aren't budging - they are going to charge me for cost difference to add steps. I guess i'm paying for what i'm getting.... the pool was cheap enough so at this point I just want to be done..... a few hundred dollar change order is worth it to me to have it done rather then fight for a few weeks about it....

So i ended up going with the standard CLI suntone antigua and very happy with how it turned out.....

Just finished filling in these pics - untreated water. (except for the filter on the pool portion).

Gu7weNW.jpg

lWlOh7E.jpg

QWp56i8.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.