Struggling with cyanic acid and water balance

pH can actually range from negative values (-1 for 31.45% HCl) to values over 14 (concentrated NaOH has a pH of ~15); it all depends on the hydrogen ion concentration and chemical activity. I chose to quote 1-14 as a range most people would see on any pH paper strips and to not make it too confusing as discussions of what pH is and how it is defined can quickly go well beyond what is necessary for pool care.

:geek:

pH can actually range from negative values (-1 for 31.45% HCl) to values over 14 (concentrated NaOH has a pH of ~15); it all depends on the hydrogen ion concentration and chemical activity. I chose to quote 1-14 as a range most people would see on any pH paper strips and to not make it too confusing as discussions of what pH is and how it is defined can quickly go well beyond what is necessary for pool care.

:geek:
Yes they can be outside that range, but "generally" the range is specified at 0-14, at least that I've seen. Interestingly enough, when I read this post while waiting for something at work, I was standing 3 feet from this pack of wide range test strips (which go from 0-14). :p
IMG_20171229_154345418.jpg

In any case, I'll leave the discussion to relevant matters. Carry on...

Hi, I don't know whether I should have started a new thread or not but I can't seem to find the link to add a new post under the forum and topic threads ?
We're now considering adding a plug and play type SWG but wondering what the best one would be for the UK ?
I've read somewhere about 'oversizing'? Not sure if I've understood this correctly, but we have a 330 gallon tub.
We we're wanting to go down the sodium hypochlorite route but now PH keeps drifting up for some reason.
These are our latest results:
Chlorine 4ppm
PH currently 7.6 but been having to add sodium bisulphate for the last 3-4 days as it keeps creeping over 8 +++
CC'S - 0.5 they were 1.5 but shocked last week and they have been 0.5 since then.
TA 90 ( has steadily been 100 but has dropped a little today )
Calcium 100
CYA - 45 (did a 3/4 drain last week as it was 90)

I would be looking to get one from the UK preferably as bought the Taylor kit and then some more reagents from US and got stung heavily with a brokerage charge from UPS and customs and duty taxes !

Any advice on a good one to get or any other drawbacks from using SWG we need to be aware of would be very much appreciated :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.