sundance Marin 880 2012 (or 2014) FLO code

dogman

May 8, 2014
missouri
my spa is flashing the FLO code. pumps all seem to be working fine; including the waterfall when main pumps are off. Temp is set at 100 and seems to get stuck around 99. Filter is 2 years old but spa is not regularly (maybe 1x/week) used but is maintained. i clean the filter regularly. I removed the filter and ran the pumps and FLO code still flashed. I am not comfortable with electronics so really don't want to remove the electrical cover to play around in there. anything additional i can do before calling the tech? I am due to drain it in December (generally every 4-6 months depending on usage) should I drain and refill an see if that helps? crank the heat to 104 and see if it holds at 104?

thanks

based upon the above and a suggestion from my local spa shop; i powered down the spa at the breaker for 45 minutes; also ran a hose through the filter to try and flush it (both with jets on and off); took off the side to see the flow switch. initially with the red warning light on, the switch looked open; the spa is maintaining a 94 degree temp overnight (outside temp in the 40s and 50 during the day right now); maintain temp during the day as well. when I powered back on at first FLO was gone then about 25 seconds came back on; turned power off and then on and the FLO was gone for about a minute; the switch now appears to be in the closed position and not changing. does that help diagnose any further? is there a pressure switch somewhere that could also be the problem?

thanks

dm,

I would temporarily jumper the flow switch and see if the flow error goes away.

Just because the switch appears to be closed, does not mean the electrical contacts are actually making.

Some systems check the flow switch first with the pump off and then again with the pump on. If you jumper the flow switch before the pump is running, it "may" give you a different flow failure code.

Thanks,

Jim R.

well I di not get a chance to jumper. woke up this am and the hot tub temp is back up to 103 and the FLO code is gone. not really sue why but all seems to be working at this point. I did order a new filter thinking that maybe my old filter has had it, despite my careful cleaning. was the original 6540-507 and is about 2.5 years old at this point. will see how long it holds . thanks everyone.

last weekend I drained the spa and refilled (I usually do wright before winter); replaced the filter with a new sundance filter; added chemicals etc. came home from work yesterday and the FLO code is back; spa temp is 101 but set to 103; loosened the filter and rotated it for trapped air and there was a a little; this morning FLO code still on and temp 101. the only other thing I did was to add stabilizer (via sock method) in the filter compartment. (approx 2 oz) and let it soak. would not think that would cause restricted flow with a new filter.

Any further thoughts from folks before I call out the spa tech?

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.