Dolphin Premier pool cleaner and warranty

I was shopping for a Pool Cleaner. I looked at the Dolphin s300i and a few other models and finally settled on the Dolphin Premier cleaner (for an In Ground Gunite pool that we are having built right now).

If I had purchased the Dolphin s300i, from a local bricks and mortar store, it would have cost me $1299

I believe the Dolphin Premier = Dolphin Triton (2016 and Prior) = Pentair Prowler 830 = Dolphin DX6 = Dolphin Edge = Dolphin Thunder 20.

So I went ahead and I purchased the Dolphin Premier from poolbots.com

Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner - Innovative Robotic Pool Cleaners | PoolBots

The costs for the pool cleaner, plus caddy plus remote, shipped to me in California was $1219.95 (which seems a reasonable deal to me and no local taxes to pay)

Then I got a little nervous about the three year warranty (The warranty is for three years from the date of purchase and is covered by Maytronics) if it was purchased on-line.

So I checked by calling poolbots.com and also by calling Maytronics and both confirmed that Maytronics will honor the warranty if I have any issues with the unit in the first three years since purchase.

p and v,

I have had the Premier for a little over three years and it has worked well for me so far. I have had zero trouble with it, although I just had one of the foam pads come off the drive rollers a few days ago.

It seems to have zero impact on how it works...

The reason I bring this up is because when I first opened the box, I thought these foam pads were part of the packing.. I came within a micro-second of ripping them off... :p As shipped they are hard like cardboard, but once wet, they help cleaner climb the walls. Although I can't say I have noticed any difference in the way it works now that one has come apart..

I was told the same thing about the 3 year warranty when I bought mine.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Are you sure it has to be shipped away? When I did the authorized dealer/servicer search, I thought that the ones that come up in search are authorized for service. In my immediate area, 2 were brick and mortar stores and one was a pool service guy with just a PO box. He's actually the one I ordered my M500 through, and because he's an authorized distributor and not an "online" retailer, I get the 3yr warranty.

Are you sure it has to be shipped away? When I did the authorized dealer/servicer search, I thought that the ones that come up in search are authorized for service. In my immediate area, 2 were brick and mortar stores and one was a pool service guy with just a PO box. He's actually the one I ordered my M500 through, and because he's an authorized distributor and not an "online" retailer, I get the 3yr warranty.

I'm not sure either way, all I know is that the company i purchased on-line from, were authorized distributors and the warranty will be honored by Maytronics.

Local brick & mortar stores that are authorized to Service Maytronics robots are NOT required to accept robots they don’t sell. This is left to the discretion of the local shops. You may find a shop near you that will do the warranty work but they are not obligated to do so. The shop I bought my S300i is like that - they only service robots they sell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.