Riverside, CA - Backyard Overhaul

bdavis466

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
San Clemente, CA
Here's the latest project that I started today...or actually did something at the house today. This project began a few months back with design ideas, quotes and potential layouts. Once the design was finalized I started working on the plans - the permits were finally issued last week...long process when you deviate from the building standards.

This job will be a little bittersweet for me because this will be my last pool build.

The project will consist of a pool with attached spa, an outdoor fireplace, Pergola, a patio addition off the house, hardscape, speakers, and lighting.

Here's the design:

IMG_20171107_170808_033.jpg

IMG_20171107_170808_032.jpg

IMG_20171107_170808_035.jpg

There is an existing lattice patio cover and balcony off the house that is in very bad shape with rot and termites. It also extends 50' off the house to an awkward raised area that I'm still trying to figure out what the original owners intended.

IMG_20170623_101945133.jpg

IMG_20170623_101957716.jpg

IMG_20171114_194531.jpg

So today one of my workers and myself ripped this entire thing down. Anybody need wood?

IMG_20171114_153916893_HDR.jpg

The dig is scheduled for Monday with plumbing and rebar to follow

B? Your LAST pool build? WHAT???? :shock:

LOL "when you deviate from the building standards"..................nahhhh not YOU!

I LOVE your design! That is going to be awesome and so pretty.

So the old thing........had a covered walkway to a raised area of some sort. Lots of wasted space to me.

Thanks for letting us come along for the ride!

Kim:kim:

B? Your LAST pool build? WHAT???? :shock:

Yeah, I've have a full time job so to throw all this extra stuff on top is getting rather taxing. Things were different before a wife and kids but now I'm seeing that I'm really missing a lot of the important stuff that I'll never get back.

Add stress, abuse to my body and tight budgets to that makes this decision even easier...

Yeah, I've have a full time job so to throw all this extra stuff on top is getting rather taxing. Things were different before a wife and kids but now I'm seeing that I'm really missing a lot of the important stuff that I'll never get back.

Add stress, abuse to my body and tight budgets to that makes this decision even easier...

Brian,

Just curious, so no need to answer if too personal...

Have you always had a full time job, and your "Davis Custom Construction" was just a weekend gig, or is this "job" thing something new?

Either way, we will miss your pool builds, always top notch..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Beautiful design!
So what are you going to do with your Aquabright flame thrower??

I still have it but I have a couple interested contractors that may take it over. It was never my intention to be an installer but more to bring it to my area.

This pool build will likely end up with AquaBright unless something changes between then and now.

Brian,

Just curious, so no need to answer if too personal...

Have you always had a full time job, and your "Davis Custom Construction" was just a weekend gig, or is this "job" thing something new?

Either way, we will miss your pool builds, always top notch..

Thanks,

Jim R.

My real job is with the Fire Department and I do construction on my days off. I've been in the fire service for 15 years now so that's nothing new.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My real job is with the Fire Department and I do construction on my days off. I've been in the fire service for 15 years now so that's nothing new.

Wow!! So not only do you build beautiful pools, but you also run into burning buildings to rescue damsels in distress... I know you don't mean it, but you sure have a way to make the rest of us feel pretty inadequate... :p

Thanks for all you do,

Jim R.

Wow!! So not only do you build beautiful pools, but you also run into burning buildings to rescue damsels in distress... I know you don't mean it, but you sure have a way to make the rest of us feel pretty inadequate... :p

Thanks for all you do,

Jim R.

Inadequate...I hope not

I recall it being one of those days where it was 110 outside and I'm up on the roof of a house I was framing. A fire truck drove by and that was all it took to convince me...

I never would have thought that I'd still be doing construction at this point in my life and especially on projects this large

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.