Purchasing foam boards in Australia

Oct 31, 2017
Australai
Hi All,

Recently purchased one of the larger (9.6 x 4.8m) bestaway rectangle pools. Currently in the process of leveling the ground. I've been reading many threads on this site recommend using extruded poly foam as a base. The only places I can find XPS board in Australia such as buntings etc. make this option prohibitively expensive (> $1k).

Have other Australians been able to source these at a reasonable cost? Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks,
Mark

I have foam. It might be due to how it was installed, but most of the seems were duct taped and the liner has a bump there. like this which harbors dirt. kind of like this ____-_____

It is an imperfection which might be acceptable, but something I noticed on mine.

Also the dirt wasn't 100% flat like you can easily do with sand so there are many valleys. While the outside of the pool is level I would bet the inside is + or - 1.5 inches or more because of this. So in my mind I wish they would have used sand under the foam for this.

This might not be major, but something I've never noticed on other pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.