Do you cover the skimmer lid on an AGP.

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I am using the aquador so my skimmer has been bone dry for a few days. Then it rained and there was some standing water in the bottom of the skimmer like where the bottom ring is. I was wondering can that freeze and crack something. Should I put like a bag on the skimmer? I have some tape on the hole In the lid but this must have seeped in through the grooves in the lid where the lid screws into place IMG_0467.jpgIMG_0468.jpg

I wouldn't worry about it unless ice gradually closes off the outlet hole and the skimmer starts to fill up, but I don't think that will occur. A little bit of ice like that tends to evaporate during dry cold spells, and the outward taper of the skimmer is also working in your favor, so I'd say all good :)

The water in your picture is perfectly fine. Leave the cover on the skimmer. the large hole in the bottom of the skimmer will let the water drain. No need to cover the skimmer with plastic.

Did you add that drawer handle to the skimmer lid? neat idea.

Someone here on TFP suggested doing that because I was having a hard time getting the lid on and off. I bought a $1 handle and some stainless steel screws.... works great.....

Ha it's been so long since I did that I completely forgot the skimmer lid didn't come like that. I had my pool for about a month when I did that haha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.