Thoughts on diving boards

We were in the same position. A smaller pool 16 x 32' with a 9' deep end. We didn't have the length of a diving board so we installed a nice 'Landscape' rock. Occasionally kids of all ages use it for jumping.... Oh ya and it was dirt cheap!

ZDl3beX.jpg

hvct4Og.jpg

The deck is 18" thick on that side. I have now installed the interlock up to the deck and in the spring will be adding a single step made of the same interlock paver. The height of the interlock is perfect to allow a 6-7" step rise height. This year everyone had to live with the large step up. After spending most of the summer building the pool I needed a few good weekends of just drinking beer!

Had one when I was young, till about high school. It was great until about middle school and then diving in I could hit the bottom. The pool is 8ft deep, but I feel it would need to be 10ft or so for me to not hit the bottom.

In the last couple years the concrete needed to be redone so the diving board was just removed.

I've had a pool for 10 years and it was built with a diving board. My kids are now 11 and 9 and I've never had any accidents. They love it. I have heard of people getting injured by doing stupid things on a diving board but its been a fun thing in my experience.

Us too! My neighbor is a DM for Farmers Ins and he told me they have no problem insuring diving boards. Trampolines he said are where they have a problem. We have Allstate and they never even asked about a diving board and when I told them we had one they didn't even bat an eye.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.