do I have automatic water fill?

pcmacd

Oct 3, 2010
Maricopa County, AZ
I just bought a new house in Mesa, AZ. Pool is magnificent, two years old, the prior home owner who sold me the home left absolutely NO information regarding the installer, manuals, etc.

The previous owners did absolutely nothing to the pool; the SWG was calcified and non operational, although the FC was still about 1.0 or so. Fixed that. Since they did nothing with this extraordinarily expensive pool, and since there is no tap at the far end (pool end) of the 1 acre lot, I assume the pool has a mechanism to maintain the water level. I had to drag a hose over a hundred feet when I replaced part of the water.

There is new plumbing from the outdoor backyard tap into the ground that goes no place I can determine. A photo is attached of a pool feature found under a cover on the deck. My apologies for the poor shot; I had to get back on the road to The OC, and my phone battery went dead right after the photo was taken.

I suspect this might be water valve, as I could see just a trickle of water entering the salt pool from an adjacent orifice, making a plume due to the salt in the pool and none in the water. It was JUST A TRICKLE.

DSC_0524.jpg

So, anybody think this might be a pool filling device?

tanks

mac

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.