Aqua Rite Power light on, blinks then goes out but Generating light stays on

Oct 20, 2017
Cape Coral FL.
I have a similar issue after change my T-15 Cell (old cell had a melt down). After the replacement of the cell the system came up normally and all looked good until the power light started to blink and finally went out after 3-5 minutes leaving only the generating light on. The power light will stay off even after a quick power cycle but the generating light will come back on. If I turn the system off for an extended period of time (let everything cool down) the system will once again power on normally with both the power and generating lights coming on after the flow light turns off but again the power light will go out after 3-5 minutes leaving only the generating light on.

I have checked the diagnostic display voltage and current per the manual when the system is in this state and they are within the specifications given but again only the generating light is on. So I'm not sure if the system is generating or not. I have changed the fuse and the current limiter as the posts here show them as high fail items but neither fixed the failure mode I'm having. Before I buy a new board has anyone seen this failure mode before and where you able to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Look for the threads / Videos on replacing the Thermistor, almost guaranteed. Anything that causes the power light to go out but others to stay on it almost always is that Thermistor needs replacing.

I’ve now done two for my neighbors.

Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim,

I too saw a lot of post where the Thermistor was the issue so that was the first thing I tried as the component was slightly discolored but it didn't help. (it had also been replaced by before by the previous owner of the house from the looks of the solder work)

What are the diagnostic readings?

From Diagnostics display:
Voltage: 25.4
Amps: 7.7 ((t-15 cell 3.1 to 8 amps)
Salt: 3800 when new cell installed but now it is 4000 not sure why the increase.
Cell: t-15

Found Diagnostic Manual online and did some checks from it also.
Input voltage: 248 VAC

Voltage at yellow wire: 23.4 VAC (20 to 24 VAC)

Xfomer ohms check 2 to 2.9 Ohms:
Blue to white wire: 2.6 Ohms
Violet to gray wire: 3.1 (slightly high)

Fuse: Good

Voltage Red and Blk wire: 25.7 VDC (18 to 33 VDC)

The voltage and amps look good. If they are good when the power light goes out, then the light bulb might be bad or the display board might not be making good contact with the pins.

Try resetting the display board. If that doesn't work, you might have to replace the display board.

If it's only the power light that's bad, you can just ignore it and check volts and amps.

I have a similar issue. power light stays lit, but gen light goes off, but it's actually ggenerating. i press on the face of the board and the gen lightcomes on, so it's just a loose connection o thhe led.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.