Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ok sorry total noob ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Ok sorry total noob ?

In regaurds to the pool calculator I can set my gallons and size but where do I put in my numbers. There are two colloms for numbers on the left what ons do I use.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ok sorry total noob ?

This confused me too. Completely forget about the "Goal: Not SetUp" writing and look above that -- the box on the left is for your "now" reading and the box to the right of that is for your "target" reading. If you have a current FC reading of 2, put that in the left box. Go to the Chlorine/CYA chart to see what your target reading is -- if you want to get to 5 FC, put a "5" in the box on the right, under "target." Hope that helps. I'll be online for a little bit if you need more help -- I haven't figured out all of the calculator yet, but that part finally clicked.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

Try reading the Pool Calculator instructions at Pool School.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok now I kind of understand it. But another ? my pool is an easyset 5600 gallon. I have 0 FC and 7.2 ph and all it says yo add is 46 oz of bleach. That seems kind of a low amount is it that strong? Also when it says so much by weight or volume is the so the amount x's your pool size?
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

5. Back To Top    #5

If you tell the pool calculator your gallons, it will figure the exact amount for you. You don't need to multiply anything.

46 oz sounds like a typical amount. In your pool, one gallon of 6% bleach will raise your FC by about 11. 46oz is about 1/3 gallon so would raise FC by 3-4.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

6. Back To Top    #6

ok cool just didn't seem like very much.
    1988 Ceder Ridge
    24' Doughboy AGP

7. Back To Top    #7

if you let your fc get to 0 you should be shocking.
    pool-school/shocking_your_pool
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.