Pool as life-saving shelter ...

I live in Florida now but moved from Santa Rosa three years ago. I also read another story about a couple who stayed in a pool during the firestorm. Sadly the wife passed away but the husband was saved. I have friends and family who have lost homes. [emoji25]

My wife and I travelled around NoCal/Wine Country a lot when we were younger. The beauty of Napa and Sonoma counties can not be adequately described in words. I hope for a swift recovery for all affected...

We happened to be in Napa when the fires broke out Sunday night. Thankfully we were heading home long before things got out of control and dangerous. Because of that we were just discussing our emergency plans with our son last night. We talked about the pool being our last resort if a fire were to come up the canyon behind homes that are right next to us, thus making our streets and area around our home unsafe to get out of the path of a fire...

I do hope we never have to experience what people just north of us are right now. Dealing with the smoke from the fires here is a bit of a bother currently, but it can't compare to what is happening in the fire zones. Restaurants and wineries that we visit all the time are damaged, or gone. Even worse is the destroyed homes and terrible loss of life.

It hits pretty close when you were on the very roads and wineries that are now evacuated, and in some cases damaged, only hours before this tragic event.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.