2nd set of filters so I can rotate cleaning

Danowolf

Silver Supporter
Oct 9, 2017
EUSTIS FL
I was going to purchase Pleatco PA106-PAK4 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward SwimClear C-4025, Pack of 4 Cartridges off Amazon for $143.94
I figured before I do that I would post here in case someone has an opinion one way or the other.

If I had a cartridge filter, that's exactly what I would do. Better to get the filter up & running quickly and then worry about cleaning the cartridges at a more leisurely pace.

That is exactly what I did with my Pentair Cartridge Filter. I have 2 sets of cartridges. When it is time for a cleaning, I simply remove the dirty ones, install the clean ones and restart the system. I then soak the dirty cartridges in a Simple Green solution in a large plastic tub for 24 hours and carefully clean all the remaining debris. All very leisurely!

That is exactly what I did with my Pentair Cartridge Filter. I have 2 sets of cartridges. When it is time for a cleaning, I simply remove the dirty ones, install the clean ones and restart the system. I then soak the dirty cartridges in a Simple Green solution in a large plastic tub for 24 hours and carefully clean all the remaining debris. All very leisurely!

Hi Tucson,
Can you provide a little more details on your Simple Green solution? What ratio are you using?

The Pleatco replacements work fine and seemed to be high quality. First time cleaning this large a filter with multiple cartridges. Had to readjust the top a few times to get the seal to not leak. I did apply the proper lubricant to the seal after cleaning it and the top and bottom of the seat. My unit is a C-4030 and I noticed unlike some videos of similar models this unit is missing the spring on the clamp bolt. I checked the manual and this seems to be by design. Also, I was unprepared for the suggestion to use a torq wrench; Leaving me to wonder if it leaked because I was guessing how much to tighten the band bolt. I did measure what the installer had left it at but for all I know he was guessing.
I intend to do the water testing tonight and post the results.

Hi Tucson,
Can you provide a little more details on your Simple Green solution? What ratio are you using?

Sorry for the late reply. Misplaced this thread link. Anyway, I use less than 1 quart of Simple Green in about 35-gallons of water. The solution doesn't foam a lot but it does foam up. I let it soak overnight (or 2 days) then rinse thoroughly using a very strong stream of water into the pleats of the filters. I always get a significant amount of fine detritus in the bottom of the barrel even before I rinse the filters. :D

TSP or automatic dishwasher detergent is a great degreaser and neither foam at all.

Take care.

+1 to TSP!!!

The day “they” took TSP out of dishwashing and laundry detergents is the day America got a little more dirty and dingy...nothing beats TSP in terms of detergency!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.