Aqua Rite - Generating Light Goes On then Off

Sep 21, 2017
Oviedo, FL
I've had an Haywood AquaRite Salt system since 2006. I'm on my 2nd board (v1.58 with thermistor replaced 1x, running a T-15) and 2nd cell (generic 40 Kgal). The replacement cell was installed in 2011, and board is a 2012 (not sure when I replaced the thermistor).

Recently the generating light has gone off. It turns on after the system has been off for awhile, but then turns off again after a few minutes. Even when the light is off, the system voltage and amperage reads in the correct range for generating when in the on position and correct when in the off position.

The thermistor looks okay, but I swapped the board with a spare, and I get similar results. I had previously replaced the thermistor on the spare board, but never tested to verify it was working. Installed I get the same effect with the spare board (generating light goes off after a minute).

I tried the system board with my dad's cell (Haywood, 1.5 years old), and I get the same results.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for responding. Here are the readings while on and generating light lit:

Avg. 2900 ppm
T. 83 F
V. 24.7v
Amp. 5.45a
%. 80%
Inst. -2900 ppm
ID. AL-0
Rev. 1.58
Set. T-15

after 2.5 minutes the light started flickering. After 4.5 minutes it turned off. It would come back on and then go out again.

With the light off but the switch in the on setting voltage read 24.9 and amperage was 5.66a.

If I turn the switch off, the voltage reads 31.4 with 0 amps. All other readings stay stable.

I had previously did this when swapping main boards to test, but I decided to give it one last try. As it turns out, I think is just the generating LED (old style, bulb type) or the contact on the board is faulty. My system seems to be running okay, it is just the generating light does not stay on. If I turn it to Super Chlorinate after the generating light goes out, the super chlorinate light turns on, but the generating light remains off. At 100% I can smell the chlorine coming out of the waterfall, so I'm convinced the system is working, just not the light.

Thanks so much for your responses! I'm so glad I "found" this forum.

PS - Good news is that through this process, I tested the 2 boards I previously repaired and they work just fine. So my dad and I each have spares.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.