Opinions on Pentair SuperFlo Variable Speed Pump...

Splaker

Jan 17, 2016
Canada
Hey folks,

Looks like my old pump that we inherited when we bought the house is pooched... my "pool guy" recommended the Pentair SuperFlo Variable Speed Pump... What are you thoughts? If you have it would you recommend it? And is variable the way to go? I have a basic pump now that you simply turn off and on. Is there real saving on hydro?

thanks!

That is a great pump choice. Lots of folks here have them and love them. You can run the pump at 1100 or 1200 rpm for filter, skimming and making chlorine with an SWG (if you have one) and it will use less than 200 watts. We can run our pump 24x7 for less than 12 bucks a month at 10.25c/kWh.

S,

If you don't have an automation system, then the Pentair VS SuperFlo is a great pump...

I assume you already know, but just in case... With a VS pump you no longer need a timer to turn the pump on/off, and you can set it to run at different speeds depending on what you what to do. The slower you run it, the less it costs.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

SWG means salt water generator. He means that if you don't have something like an EasyTouch/Intellitouch automation system, the SuperFlo VS is a good pump.

If you have an automation system you may want to look at the IntelliFlo VS since it integrates much nicer into a EasyTouch/IntelliTouch system.

I actually had a SuperFlo VS installed by my pool builder for my main pump but since I wanted better automation (and I had EasyTouch), I bought a IntelliFlo VS and set that up as my main pump and moved the SuperFlo VS to be my secondary pump that powers my spa jets.

Have a a chlorine pool... pretty basic set up guys... sand filer, raypack heater and my current pump is a swithc on/off manual... single stage I guess? My next purchase will be a robo vac.. I am sick of vacuuming manually...

Yes, I would recommend it. I had a single speed pump replaced with a SuperFlo VS 6 months ago. I'm very happy. I skim at 2200 rpm then circulate at 1200 rpm. My 'average kWh/day' has dropped 33-38%. It's barely audible at 1200 rpm which makes for a far more pleasant environment while enjoying the pool/backyard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.