Keep Heater Running Over Night or Restart Each Day?

Litespeed

Bronze Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Twin Cities MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Basic question - which is more efficient? Running the heater continuously or reheat each day? I do have an autocover to help preserve the heat, but I am in MN.

I need the pool warmed up (now at 77, probably will be 75 or 76 tomorrow - Thursday- morning) for a Friday afternoon party.

The next few days the highs will be close to 90s with the evening only getting down to 70, if that makes any difference. I'd like the pool to be around 84-85 on Friday afternoon.

With the cover, I really don't lose that much heat overnight. Even if it gets down in the 50's at night, I still seem to lose only about 4-5 degrees at most.

If your not going to use the pool before Friday, then I would figure out how long it would take to heat to the temp you want and just turn it on that many hours before you want to use it. No heat lose from heated water (during night )and the water will get heated from solar to its max from sun.
Hope it's not to confusing, :D I understand what iam saying.:crazy:

If you knew how long it takes to get the pool 5° or 10° warmer that would help because each pool is different. My pool is about twice the size of yours and my heater is about the same size and I can get about a 5° increase every 8 hours. I would think you would be able to double that.

I only heat my pool when I know we will be using it. I know it takes a few days to warm it up because I don't run the heater at night, because of the noise.

I have an auto cover as well and lost 3° last night, 80° to 77°. That said, the heat is on and I hope to swim tonight and tomorrow as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.