Leslies Perfect Weekly - good for anything??

trivetman

Bronze Supporter
Jul 14, 2017
Jenkintown, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So I moved into my house a few months ago and am suddenly a pool owner. First stop...Leslies Pool Supply!! $50 later I am carrying a tub of Leslies Perfect Weekly home.

Fast forward a couple weeks I find I have high CYA, find this site and start to read. After a drain and refill the water chemistry looks good and I haven't been to Leslies since.

But I still have this bottle of Leslies Perfect Weekly! Is it good for anything? What exactly is it? Leslies website says it "clarifies water" "reduces phosphates" and "reduces evaporation". Maybe it is some sort of algaecide so I could use it for winter closing which will happen pretty soon. Any other uses? Anyone?

If not useful- can I just dispose of it safely down the drain?

Up top in the search feature, type in "Leslies perfect weekly" and you can follow some of the threads. Short answer is that no, you do not need this. What you do with the product is your decision. Here at TFP, we follow a strict methodology on what works and do not rely on magic potions as what you have. We all have been there, so you did nothing out of the ordinary.

Regarding your CYA, how did you know it was high? Was this a test done by a Leslie's store? If so, another major item about taking care of your own pool, the TFP way is owning a quality test kit. You should rely on your own testing, and not pool stores. From experience, you can see that walking into a pool store usually means walking out with expensive chemicals that usually are not needed.

I don't think it will hurt anything, but just not needed. There is no harm in lowering phosphates.
Agreed, it's not a needed part of pool maintenance if you maintain the proper FC to CYA ratio ( ,[FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] ), is an unnecessary expense, and is adding more than just phosphate removers. Excessive use of clarifiers can gunk up filter media, and who knows what kind of chemicals they are using to 'reduce evaporation'.

I'm curious, what did Leslie's show your phosphate level at?

No idea what the phosphate level was. That paperwork is long gone.

Down the drain it goes! I was just seeing if there was any legit purpose before dumping it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.