Taking Down Intex Pool

Jun 23, 2017
Framingham, Ma
Hey... thank you all for helping me through my first season with a pool... crystal clear all summer. I am now taking down the pool... finishing draining today. For those that take down and store your pool off season, what are some tips and tricks you could offer.

Somewhere I read to keep the box to store the pool in... are people really able to get the pool back into the box?

Thank you,

Hey... thank you all for helping me through my first season with a pool... crystal clear all summer. I am now taking down the pool... finishing draining today. For those that take down and store your pool off season, what are some tips and tricks you could offer.

Somewhere I read to keep the box to store the pool in... are people really able to get the pool back into the box?

Thank you,

Yeah its almost impossible to get it back in the box..... A few years ago when I had an intex I put it in the garage, in April it had holes everywhere from mice..... The best suggestion I saw was to get a large garbage can and put it in there with a lid. But make sure the pool is dry first so it doesn't get moldy.

I am going on my 4th takedown of my Intex Ultra pool. And yes, I store it in the box that it came in. I also put the black leg stoppers and the T connectors in that box as well. Down in the basement it goes up on an old laundry rack (treadmill!!)
Note: I did gorilla tape the bottom of the box very well so it doesn't blow out when I move it.

I make sure to drain all water out and suction the rest with the shop vac. Then I towel dry it and leave for the sun to beat on it. Then I flip it over in the yard so the underside can dry off. I prop patio chairs under it to keep it up off the grass.

Then I fold the sides toward the middle and fold the entire pool in half so you are left with a half circle. Then working from the long side keep folding it towards the short side of the circle so you are left with an approximately 2 foot wide section. Then just start at one end and fold it over itself. I definitely lay on it as I am doing it to get it good and flat.

Into the box it goes after that.

Ever considered just leaving it up year round? I don't seem to ever read about issues with those that leave it up year round, even in northern states. Every spring however, this board will have posters that have problems (usually pin-hole leaks) from those that stored for the winter.

we have had 2 swim seasons end (getting ready to end our 3rd) and at the end of the first, we killed ourselves doing the "drain, dry, fold, store" and then killed ourselves getting it all back up again when season 2 started...last year, we just left it up...yeah, never taking it down again if I can avoid it, until I get a new one when this one gives up on me!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.