Pool bid. Please pick it apart TFP!!

Hi!
My biggest regret is not going with 6' or 7' depth in the middle and having one end 3 1/2 instead of going with 4 ' on each side. My grandkids spend about 90% of their time jumping in and climbing out to jump back in, over and over. At 5 1/2', my 6 yr old grandson is already touching the middle bottom when he jumps, so now we are having all the kids tuck when they jump so no one gets hurt.

Thanks! I will definitely consider that! I have a 5 year old and lots of little cousins, so I definitely want it to be usable and safe for them to have fun.

Thanks! I will definitely consider that! I have a 5 year old and lots of little cousins, so I definitely want it to be usable and safe for them to have fun.

Our kids love jumping in off our raised wall. If you look on ether first or 2nd page of my build I calculated a profile view and kept posted a picture. We placed the deep end in the middle to use wall as a "jumping rock". We ended up around 6.5 in the middle

A SWCG combined with the chemistry management techniques on this forum, have made it extremely easy for me to manage my pool. I do so little to it, I'm wondering if I am missing something. The water quality , however, almost always checks out great. I'm sure having an autocover makes a big difference, too. I only vacuum the pool once every couple weeks, and I'm not sure it even needs it that often.

I run the pump at 1200 to 1300 RPMs, using only about 120 watts per hour, and set the SWCG at 20%, and I run it 24 hours a day. I had no issues the entire summer. I do set the SWCG at 40-60% if I expect a high swimmer load, but no problems.

The only time I need to up the RPMs is when using the heater.

I'm convinced it's the SWCG (and troublefreepool.com) that have made this so easy (my first full summer with a pool).

Overall looks good. Others will comment on aesthetics -- I will ask 'How do you plan to Chlorinate?'

With what you show you will be using liquid chlorine with daily additions. Have you considered a SWCG?

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Also -- consider dropping the suction pool cleaner and get a robot.

Also consider a VS pump for your primary.

Okay Mknauss, The pool builder worked with us pretty well and the price didn't even really change after cutting some unnecessary items and adding some items that I have learned about through this forum. Here is the re worked contract. Does this look better? Anyone that has an opinion let me know, or PM me for details! Scott Rush will be building this pool for our family.

Pool Dimensions and Information
18’x36’ (dig lines) Gunite shell freeform shape
4’9x4’9”x5’9” in depth water is 3” lower
12’x8’Tanning ledge with light and umbrella holder
8 foot bench deep end of the pool
28’ raised back wall 18” with 2 water features lighted sheers (We may do 3 stone scuppers instead of these, no different price)
2 fire bowls (stub out only, for future addition)
36” fire pit on the concrete deck
800 foot of spray deck
Drains as needed deck drains tied into gutters
Choice of waterline tile with $5.50 budget
Travertine coping
Quartzscapes plaster (Montego Bay)
Electrical information:
2-LED 5 g pool lights
1-LED 5g spa light for tanning ledge
Manual controls (Upgraded to Easytouch 8)
Pool Equipment:
1-2hp Pentair superflo pump for waterfeatures
1-3hp Pentair inteliflo variable speed pump
1-Pentair 420 cartridge filter
1- Pentair 820 robotic pool cleaner
1-Pentair ic40 salt system
1-Pool pole,brush,vac
Pool Specifications:
Steel Rebar #3 and #4 rebar to shape pool
12 inch beams 8" on center, for pool
8” to 10” Gunite floor
All plumbing is 1 ½” and 2” schedule 40 pipe
All plumbing is pressure tested
Approx. 3/8” of white plaster
Pool will have 2 skimmers
6 pool returns
2 main drains with valve
Auto water filler and Pool overflow
Pool Plan:
Contract agreement
Pool Lay out
Dig
Steel
Plumbing stub out
Gunite
Equipment and plumbing installed
Coping and tile
Deck lay out and concrete pour
Plaster
Area clean up
Kool deck applied.

I didn't see a suction port in the latest list. Did I miss it?

I hated my Doheny robot and gladly went back to using my old suction side cleaner. Even if you love a robot it is not expensive to have a suction port installed now because there are times you might want to manually clean after a bad storm or such. It costs so little to install one now and you'll always have that option in the future.

I hated my Doheny robot and gladly went back to using my old suction side cleaner. Even if you love a robot it is not expensive to have a suction port installed now because there are times you might want to manually clean after a bad storm or such. It costs so little to install one now and you'll always have that option in the future.

Good call, might as well have it there just in case. We finalize contract in the am due to wearher ? So I'll add that information. Thanks!!

What about just using the skimmer?

What about just using the skimmer?

You can do that if your pool builder didn't install a much handier suction port. :) If the OP is like me, and doesn't care for a pool robot, he will be really glad he added a dedicated suction port as opposed to always having a hose partially blocking the skimmer action. Vacuuming through the skimmer is fine for a once or twice a year type need but not long-term.

Pretty exciting just getting the layout started. It makes it really sink in that you are about to dig a $50K dollar hole in the ground.:scratch:
We are supposed to dig 9/26/17. I will start a build thread when the dig starts. Thank you to everyone who helped get a solid contract hammered out. The PB laughed at how much my idea of what I wanted changed from start to finish! I went from looking for someone to come build us a huge, beautiful $30k pool with spa, and a huge patio, and some water features............ to REALITY.
pool2.jpgpool1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How exciting that you will be starting the fun in just a few days! No need to start a new thread, just post it all right here to keep your story all in one place.

My wants and what we could really have/afford changed along the way as well. We love what we ended up with and I'm sure you will, too.
I'm looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.