Waterway Poly Storm Jets - experiences?

tonygiotta

Gold Supporter
Jun 10, 2017
Turlock, CA
I'm trying to make some final decisions regarding my pool/spa plumbing and my PB and I keep going back and forth on the jets for my spa. My initial request was for the ParaJets (aka TwirlyBird) interchangeable spa jets, but my PB flat out refused as he was unfamiliar with the product and doesn't really do much business with Paramount. He explained to me that he uses Waterway and CMP for his fittings and that I was welcome to choose from their offerings. I met with him again yesterday and I requested the Waterway Poly Storm thread-in gunite jets. He told me that he tried them on a number of pools 10-15 years ago and that he had issues with the 1" internal pipe not threading into the tee's correctly. He had the manufacturer come out to help with the final install and they told him something ridiculous along the lines of using 13 wraps of PTFE tape on the 1" threads to improve the fit. He really wants to just use regular 1 1/2" return wall fittings with thread-in eyeballs. He said there was a 2-hole rotator that I could thread in there as well.

Long story short, my wife has some health issues that cause her to have arthritis-like pain and I would like for this spa to be as therapeutic as it can be, given it is an in-ground spa of course. I like the various massage options the Poly Storm jets offer, as well as the upgraded appearance and adjustability compared to a standard spa eyeball. Does anyone have any experience with the finish install and/or operation of the Poly Storm jets that they would be willing to share? Good, bad, or indifferent? Am I being unreasonable requesting these jets versus a standard spa eyeball? Do the Waterway jets even perform better than the standard jets? I just don't want to end up in an "I told you so" situation if I insist on the Poly Storm jets and for some reason there are still issues with them. I just have a really hard time believing that Waterway would not have addressed whatever fitment issues my PB may have faced with them 10-15 years ago...

He wants to use something like these:
400-1410D.jpg
212-91701.jpg

I'd prefer to use these, as well as have the option to use Waterway's various other jet types:

jet_polystorm_229-80501.jpg
jet_polystrom_229_8120G.jpg

Tony:

Funny you ask. I just ordered 3 extra sets of Waterway as I have the ones that spin and rotate. Tinkered around today with them, and the ones I like are these the most. They are interchangeable the company was real helpful. The only issue is that my pool has yard returns and house returns. The yard returns are 4 on a run. The house has 2 pool and 2 steps. The PB should have place a separate run for the steps.

I can shut off the yard side or slow it down to increase pressure in the steps or can just cap off one of the pool returns. These actually are adjustable, but be careful not to Jam in as you will have a hard time getting them out. I pushed in and today 2 screwdrivers had to be taken out. Luckily no damage was done. So these actually stick out about 3/4" and you can open all the way or shut off. These actually spins and create a pulsing sensation.

210-6720 - Google Search

I actually now have all of these:

210-6510 (on backorder), but they supposedly spin
210-6720 (Like these the best so far)
210-6500 (Adjustable, but really no different than original in terms of circulation)
210-6520 (Original ones)

http://waterwayplastics.com/catalogs/2011_poolspa_08_gunitejets.pdf

Page 8 will show you all the different ones.

Interesting... the ones you referenced are a third style of Waterway jets. They look like kind of a mix between the two styles I was asking about. I'll have to ask my PB if these are the ones he uses as I'd find them more acceptable than the ones I pictured above. Still curious to hear feedback from anyone who has the Waterway Poly Storm jets...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.