TFP post Irma success

BasicTek

Bronze Supporter
Oct 9, 2016
Lake Mary, FL
Hi all,

Last year I bought a house with my 1st ever pool. I originally had a pool guy who disappeared last year during hurricane Matthew (probably can't blame him I'm sure he had is own problems). Anyway I fired him went to Leslies, and in May finally converted to TFP and took control of my own pool. Now a year later we get with a worse hurricane Irma. Prior to the hurricane I did not lower my pool but I did raise my FC and added a floater with 3 tablets (my CYA was at 70 and I was pretty sure some water replacement was coming (boy I had no idea). So I watched that night as my entire yard flooded bringing a mass of dirt and junk into my pool. I was fortunate it only got about 3-4 inches at 6" it would have come into my house. Then we lost power so I could no longer circulate my pool.

Well the next morning my pool was certainly really dirty, the water was back down, deck covered in mud, and I began working on fixing.
Without power my options were limited but I added another puck and left in the floater, used the net to pull out any floating debris (about 10 times throughout the day) I brushed my walls 3 times a day
I used my gas pressure washer to clean the deck and push as much mud away from my pool.

Monday came and still now power, I tested my water FC 21 (woohoo) it may have been dirty but nothing growing in there. Didn't bother testing anything else yet. I continued brushing and netting, the pool almost looked ok to swim in (I'm picky TFP swimmer now the pool must be crystal clear, tested, and at least 86 lol)

Finally power was restored Tuesday morning at 5AM I went out turned on the pump and hooked up the auto vac. Well after more brushing, netting, and testing I'm happy to report

FC 10.5 (SWG off today, pucks removed)
CC .5 (yaa safe!)
CYA 60
CH 400 (just added 10 lbs)
salt 3200 (just added 40 lbs)
PH 7.0 (I added MA prior to this test (because my pool always needs MA) but I know with FC at 10 it's not reliable) Will test tomorrow FC should be back in single digits)

Going swimming now but had to tell the tale.... I should have taken pics of the swamp Sunday night but it was pitch black with no power...

afterirmasm.jpg

Thanks TFP!!!!!

- Irma survivor

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.