smallroundpool

Jun 8, 2021
Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all, first post. Hope this is the right section.

I've got a 21ft round above-ground pool that is 4ft deep. The filter is a Hayward SM1906TW, the pump is a Hayward SP2290.

On the side of the pump it indicates that the SM1906T should take 175lb of .45mm-.55mm media. I'm wondering if that's correct, because I had a guy come over to look at my pump and he said no more than 150lb. I also see 150lb listed on a website where it is for sale, and I've read that it's usually an increment of 50lb... I just want to make sure I'm not going to overfill it.

The new sand I have is Covia White Lightning Nepheline Syenite, will this work fine?

Thanks

"Covia White Lightning Nepheline Syenite" does NOT sound like pool sand. Google shows this- White Lightning | Smelko Foundry Products Ltd.
No where does it say it is for use in filtration, rather its a mineral used in cement compounds and such things.

Why did you buy that? I would return that pronto and get some proper pool sand for your filter. 150 pounds sounds about right but please confirm that by reading the manual. Some small pebbles at the bottom of the filter help protect the filter lateral parts from the sand dumping in. Go gently.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.