Need help with Intelliflo and Intelichlor

Hi All,

Just put in all new equipment as some of you heard. This is what I have:

18,000 gallon IG pool plaster.
    Intelliflo VF-3050 pump
    Quad DE 80 Filter
    Intellichlor IC40
    EasyTouch 4 controller

I'm currently running the controller set for a 18k gallon pool and turning it over once for 20 hours out of the 24 hour day. This is giving me a flow rate of 15gpm and my Intellichlor is working perfect sensing the flow and all. My pool is crystal clear and everything seems fine. My pool lady told me today that my Salt levels are at 3800ppm and they should be around 3000ppm???

My question is: Is it ok to run it this slow? I get positive flow out of my filter unit and the intellichlor flow switch detects it as enough flow. Or should I run it faster for shorter periods?
    I had 2 pool guys who installed all this and 1 guy says to run it for 6 hours a day and that's it and the other says long and slow 20-22hrs. a day.

Can someone please please clarify this?

Also I'm not sure how stable everything is because it's only been a week, but so far so good.

Thanks,

Mike
    20,000 gallon free form plaster pool built in 2001. Pentair Intelliflo pump, Pentair Quad 80 DE Filter, Pentair 40k gallon salt chlorinator, Pentair Easy Touch 8 control panel, Fafco Solar water heater with 7 (4'x12') panels.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with Intelliflo and Intelichlor

Low and slow will use less electricity and could save on your electric bill depending on where you live. 6 hours or 20 hours, either is fine as long as the water is clear and you get at least one turn over.

Test your own salt with the strips offered from TFTestkits.net and order the TF100 while you are there if you don't already have it.

Check with your Electric company, they may offer a rebate for the Intelliflo.
    18k Inground Plaster pool / TriStar Variable Speed Pump and Controller
    48sq ft Hayward DE filter/ Swim pure Plus 40k cell / Kreepy Krauly
    Solaxx Ph-Tek