New Pool Build: Scottsdale, Arizona - Pool + Kitchen + Putting Green

MachuMatt

Silver Supporter
Jul 8, 2017
Phoenix, Arizona
Good afternoon TFP,

I have been on this site reading information for a few months now - there is so much information and I love looking at all the pictures!
I just wanted to share the specs on our new pool build and landscaping project and get feedback. I will post more pictures as we progress. We are currently working on the plumbing of the pool. Thanks in advance!

General:
Pool/spa perimeter: 124' pool / 28' spa
Pool size: 42' x 20'
Pool depth: 3.5' - 4.5' - 5.5'
Travertine coping
Circular Raised spa 18" - Sit and spin entry from pool decking
Raised back wall: 18" tall x 20' long with end columns 24" x 24" - Stone veneer and travertine cap with 3 metal scuppers as water feature
Sun Deck: 6" depth
Sun Deck: 18" depth
Decking: 2200 sqft 24" x 16" Ivory Travertine
Kitchen: 20' length x 32" depth x 36" height - Stone veneer, travertine bull nose counter top
Putting Green: 980 sqft with fringe, 4 cups - LED lighting

Plumbing / Equipment:
1 QuikSkim - venturi power skimmer
4 return inlets
38 Gamma4 cleaning heads (9 Zones)
AVSC main drain
1 Pentair Intelliflo 2VST Pump
2 Pentair Whisperflo High Performance Pumps (Water Feature and Spa Therapy jets)
1 Pentair Mastertemp 400k natural gas heater
1 Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 filter
1 Autofiller
1 Silencer 2hp blower for spa
6 Therapy Jets for spa

Electric:
1 Pentair Intellitouch Automation module / Screenlogic2 interface
2 Intellibright LED lights in pool
1 Intellibright LED light in spa

Interior:
StoneScapes Mini Pebble - Aqua Blue / Glass beads

Photos Library.jpg

Hey everyone!!! Look! We have a new pool to help build! SWEET! Thanks for letting us share in your fun!

We would love to see where the pool is going for real.

How "married" are you to the spa being right there? It could block your sight line from the house into the pool. Just something to think about.

Kim:kim:

Kim,

We went back and forth with the location of the spa for that exact reason, after a few different drawings, that is what we ended up with. Compromise on my end. Let's hope it looks ok when they do the rebar and I get a better view of what it will look like.

I will update pics.

We completed most of the plumbing today. There are a few corrections we need to make. They installed the wrong skimmer and they are also missing plumbing for 1 of the of the in-floor cleaning heads in the Baja Shelf. It is always good to review what is going on with the pool build. They will also need to come back and finish the plumbing in the spa after the rebar work is done.

If anything looks really off, please let me know.

Thanks TFP

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Wrong skimmer? :confused: how did they do that? LOL

Yeah it is best to check behind them on each step of the build. When they come to shoot the gunite see if there is any way you can be there to answer any questions or give input if/when needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mknauss,

I did not install an inline chlorinator. After reading post on here for the last few months, I am planning to use liquid bleach. Should I still have an inline chlorinator installed as a backup? I thought if I go on vacation for an extended period of time, I could use a floating chlorinator for the time I was gone and then resume with the liquid chlorine when I am home.

Let me know if I should make any changes.

Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong skimmer? :confused: how did they do that? LOL

Yeah it is best to check behind them on each step of the build. When they come to shoot the gunite see if there is any way you can be there to answer any questions or give input if/when needed.

That is a great idea. I plan to be here during the gunite process. I am just a geek and love watching the process as well as be here to answer questions.

That putting green will be nice. Looks to be a nice size.

I'd like to have one some day but it wont be by the pool. I have 3 acres which allows me to have an area long enough for long wedge (~80 yds) shots into a green. Right now all I have is a flag out there but eventually I'd love to build a raised green to hit into and putt on.

+1 on the SWG! Here in AZ an SWG makes life easy. I highly recommend adding that type of chlorinator. You can use a floater with pucks when you go on vacation if necessary. BTW, I haven't needed to do that in the 3+ years I've had my SWG. Just sayin'!

That putting green will be nice. Looks to be a nice size.

I'd like to have one some day but it wont be by the pool. I have 3 acres which allows me to have an area long enough for long wedge (~80 yds) shots into a green. Right now all I have is a flag out there but eventually I'd love to build a raised green to hit into and putt on.

I love the idea of having an area long enough for a long wedge shot into the green.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on the SWG! Here in AZ an SWG makes life easy. I highly recommend adding that type of chlorinator. You can use a floater with pucks when you go on vacation if necessary. BTW, I haven't needed to do that in the 3+ years I've had my SWG. Just sayin'!

I am looking into the SWG, sounds like a great value add. Thanks for the feedback and helping me make the pool ownership experience even better.

Where are you in Scottsdale? Looking at the scenery, it seems you may be out towards Rio Verde.

BigEinAZ,

We are up north of the 101, just off of Scottsdale Road. The backyard looks north at Black Mountain.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Matt! Just wanted to wish you luck on your build and welcome to TFP!

Thanks, and again, thank you for helping me with the tile. I am leaning toward the same finishes as your pool, hopefully you don't mind me copying your look.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.