Pool build - Southwest FL - Tampa

Lots of pics?! Admittedly I am really bad at social media, so I will have to force myself just for you all!! For now, try to imagine it yourself..

Our home was built in 1926 on a 5000 sqft lot (50 x 100) - It's a classic Craftsman Bungalow with jerkinhead roof. Much of the house is still original, over 91 years old - the original lap siding has been covered with 40s-50s era asbestos and the back porch and exterior utility closet was closed in and added to the heated/cooled area. We still have the original front door, windows, hardwood floors and built-ins. Thankfully, the previous owner had the HVAC, electrical and plumbing updated.

The 11 x 14' structure in my yard (shown as SHED on the plan) is listed as a garage on the property survey...I assume that, once the Ford Model A was replaced, the car no longer fit in the garage and a one car parking pad was added in the back yard (See DRIVEWAY in the plan). Later, someone decided they needed more parking area, so they had ~600sqft of concrete poured in the back yard and moved the fence to cut across the yard. I have moved the fence back to the edge of the yard and we will be having the concrete removed just before the pool dig.

There is an existing wood deck out of the back door which appears to have been built with scrap blocks of wood, stacked on the concrete slab - sometime in the 1980s, based on the deterioration of the wood. I am looking forward to replacing that this winter, when the weather cools down a little.

That said, we don't have a ton of space to work with - but we will have an awesome pool in that space we have!

I was a little nervous signing the contract during hurricane season. Thankfully my pool build hasn't started yet and hopefully Irma stays far away from Tampa... I feel sorry for all who were affected by Harvey and those who have been/will be impacted by Irma.

Well, it has been a while... we required a No Conflict letter from electric company - and they were all tied up restoring power after the hurricanes.... Finally have the letter and the permit has moved to “issuance”! The dig should start soon..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You house is SO pretty! I LOVE the paint color............so classic! NICE job!

That is a LOT of concrete to take up :shock: bet that took a couple of trucks to take away. Did they jack hammer it up?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.....that water line tile! That will really pop with the other finishes!

THANKS for the pics! :hug:

Kim:kim:

The demolition contractor used a saw to cut the concrete away from the house foundation wall, and then just forked it out with a bobcat. One dump truck, but two trips to the concrete recycler and then he filled it back up with the shed before leaving.

We wanted to save the shed and rebuild the ‘bad’ parts...trying to preserve history. That shed was originally built with the house in 1926. Unfortunately, there was very little wood left underneath and it would have cost more to repair what was there than to replace the entire structure. We are having a company in Brooksville (Historic Shed) build a new shed with the same style and size.

Thanks for the ‘love’ on the waterline tile. The designer in my life (wife #favoritehumamever) had the same thought about the pop of color against the white crystal pebblesheen and almost white shellstone coping/pavers - also why we (she) chose the cobalt blue glass beads in the pebble finish.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what was left of the wood framing under the old shed...

There is an area along the side of the home where the HVAC unit is that will be home to all our utilities - natural gas meter is being installed there, gas tankless water heater, pool equipment (incl heater). It’s outside the kitchen - so no worries with noise. We are going to have the plumber stub out for future outdoor kitchen and indoor kitchen remodel w/gas burner range. (Everything is electric currently)

(Forget you photobucket!)

...and we have progress!

- - - Updated - - -

marker showing the waters edge...10’ from overhead power

- - - Updated - - -

PB found the original, 91 year old, water pipes. Unused for a long long time.

- - - Updated - - -

lots of dirt removed today... can’t wait till this looks like the pool the wife designed!!

OH NO!!!! Your picture are being held hostage for ransom by Photo Bucket :( They will send you an email asking for $399 to release them. Do not pay it. There is a simple way to overcome it..........become a supporting member as seen here:

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

This will also get you a discount on the testing kits and pool stuff, as well as being tax deductible as TFP is 503c ! How cool is that! It also helps us keep the lights on!

You can also try another photo site like fliker but we worry about them following photo buckets example :(

I can't wait to see the pics!!

Kim:kim:

Grrrrrrr.....photobucket will not get a dime from
me - certainly not $399!!

PB is surprising me every day!! An email yesterday saying “hey we will have a crew there today to strip the yard” and then with no contact at all, today they put framing out in the shape of the pool! I measured and everything is exactly as planned - but it sure would be nice to know when they are showing up. I had many things in my head that I would do the day before they start (clearing out old fence panels, moving some personal belongings, etc)

i sent PB an email expressing my desire to know when they plan to be here - but it’s taken so long to start that I’m not going to tell them to NOT come!

this is when the fun begins, right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.