Spa Inlet/Jet Blower Issue

provor

Jun 27, 2015
Dallas
Hello --

I had my pool remodeled over the summer and just tried out the spa yesterday and the blower wouldn't operate normally. It could have gone bad, but hasn’t been used all summer so I feel like that’s probably not the case. The remodel didn't affect any equipment other than the pool returns getting new fittings after the replaster. Everything is “warrantied” for a year, but I would like to identify what the cause may be before calling. I will try a filter clean tomorrow but not sure that would affect it.

The behavior is the blower blows air for a few seconds and suddenly gets a whirling sound and no bubbles. It eventually gets top hot and shuts off completely. I attempted to unscrew the jet fittings so it was just threads thinking they were to small, but even without the returns in place, I get nothing at all the blower sounds very quiet and unusual. Would that be the behavior without any return fittings IE to much of an opening? I don’t have any of the original fittings to try them out before calling in the issue I would like to try and identify what it could be.

Open to thoughts and ideas to check.

Welp, I think the blower may have gone bad. Strange as I haven't used in months but when I take it off the pipe and just let it run within a second or two its making the whirling sound and not blowing air. Do these things come apart at all would there be something to check?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.