Intex SWCG is being returned.

airbur

Gold Supporter
Jul 4, 2017
Colorado
After a month of it working one day, then the next day saying "HIGH SALT", then the next day working, I'm sending it back. It only works when it wants to regardless of the actual salt content or cleanliness of the electrolytic plates.

Don't be fooled by the good reviews on Amazon: [FONT=&quot] Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System with E.C.O. (Electrocatalytic Oxidation) for up to 7000-Gallon Above Ground Pools, 110-120V with GFCI : Patio, Lawn Garden[/FONT]

While cheap SWCGs are a great idea (especially for small AGPs like mine) it's simply not worth the hassle. I'm fine dumping a bit of bleach daily and maintaining levels with the TF-100.

Sounds like you have dud. I have two of 15000 gallon ECO version running with no problems for past 16 months. I run it 5 hours a day in the hot summer months. I have recouped my $200 cost (picked it up for $100/piece) since I would normally be buying $40/month worth of chlorine right now. No way can these be compared to $600 models in terms of reliability. However they are so cheap with 2 year warranty. Who cares? Pickup a spare when they go on sale again.

Capture.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Intex unit is a relatively inexpensive way seeing the advantages (and obviously, some disadvantages) of a swcg. Mine lasted several years. When it died I simply moved up and continued with the advantages.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.