15 minute jet limit on Jacuzzi.

May 28, 2017
nashville TN
Apparently there is a media black out on this,

Spent the last couple of hours researching how to bypass or change the time limit to my jets in my new artesian elite spa. Can’t find one article answering this question.

How do I change my jet settings to run longer than 15 minutes, the board seems locked from the manufacturer.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Navigate to the Lock screen: Main Screen > Settings > Lock > Lock screen.

Locking and Unlocking
The same steps are used to Lock and Unlock.

To lock either Settings (A) or Panel (C) first select Settings (if it says “Unlocked”) or Panel (if it says “Unlocked”), than press the word “Lock“ (B) for at least 5 seconds.

To unlock either Settings or Panel first select Settings (if it says “Locked”) or Panel (if it says “Locked”), than press the word “Lock“ for at least 5 seconds.

Reactions: cowboycasey
It is a personal safety thing. People get too woozy after a while and pass out/drown.

Called Artesian, it’s a permanent time limit to ensure the motors don't over heat. Only if I knew before I bought it. Good thing it was on sale.
this is standard feature sounds like across many/all mfgs. were you not able to immediately turn it back on? have an artesian on order myself, how do you like it otherwise?

I have a lifesmart spa & it cuts off in like 30 minutes. But we just hit the button again. The only thing i can change on it is filter cycles & i can override the temp by a couple degrees

It is a personal safety thing. People get too woozy after a while and pass out/drown.
Manufacturers: "Don't spend more than 15 minutes in the tub at a time."

Us: Spends 4-8 hours drinking in the hot tub...

That said, we have it set at 97 in the summer, about 100 in the winter. From what I can tell, at these temps almost indefinite soaks are safe. The 15 minutes comes from 104, and I can't stand 104 for even 15 minutes myself.

Also, more on topic but our high speed pumps also turn off after 15 minutes. We can hit the button and turn them right back on though, for as many times as we like.

Last edited:
Manufacturers: "Don't spend more than 15 minutes in the tub at a time."

Us: Spends 4-8 hours drinking in the hot tub...

That said, we have it set at 97 in the summer, about 100 in the winter. From what I can tell, at these temps almost indefinite soaks are safe. The 15 minutes comes from 104, and I can't stand 104 for even 15 minutes myself.

Also, more on topic but our high speed pumps also turn off after 15 minutes. We can hit the button and turn them right back on though, for as many times as we like.
Mine is @ 104 but its a 120v so in the winter that doesn’t last more than 30 min or so when running the jets. When the temp gets to 100 we get out 🤣🤣

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hyperthermia is the threat. After 15 minutes in water your body temp is the same as the water temp. If you had a 104* fever you would take steps to avoid brain and internal organ damage, so if you use your spa at high temps you should not use it for very long. The jet timeout is a reminder.
It also prevents excessive energy usage if you leave the jets on when you get out. Your pump can run much longer than that without damage, but it will start to overheat the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.