14x28 rectangle pool-is it big enough?

Fields

Jan 31, 2013
Columbia, SC
Hello everyone, my husband and I just bought a new home and want to get an inground pool. We're thinking about going with a 14x28 rectangle pool. My concern is it being too small. Does anyone have pics of a 14x28 so I will be able to see just how big it is? I would really appreciate it.

What you can do is get some bright rope or use your hoses and mark out it. Put some large towels in it to see how it feels with "floats" in it.

What do you hope to use your pool for the most? Swimming, relaxing, socialization, etc?

Kim:kim:

How did y'all decide on 14x28 instead of 15x30? I ask because 14x28 is a pretty specific number, so it sounds like you may be working against some physical limitations.

As suggested above, physically lay out the perimeter of the intended pool. Aside from that, one way to objectively view pool size is to calculate the length of the perimeter. In your case, that's 14+14+28+28, which is 84 linear feet. Unless you have something specific you want to do in the pool that requires space, that still seems like a big enough area to enjoy the water.

Regardless, you're proposing a 2:1 pool ratio (length:width). That's seems proportional to me.

Hello everyone, my husband and I just bought a new home and want to get an inground pool. We're thinking about going with a 14x28 rectangle pool. My concern is it being too small. Does anyone have pics of a 14x28 so I will be able to see just how big it is? I would really appreciate it.
If it's just the two of you, it's plenty of room (keep in mind, no diving in a pool this size if you want that). I'm at 16x32 and it's fine for 5 of us.

I too considered a 14X28 but felt is was just too small for us (two teenage kids). I also did a little snooping on our county tax records & Google satellite images just to see what the most common size in our area was. We ended up going up one notch to 16X32.

We selected a 14x32 fiberglass that is more like 13x29. It has built in seating and is the size we wanted in terms of backyard arrangement, family enjoyment( family of four) and pool maintenance. The our teenagers friends say it is too small and our neighbor pool owners say it is a perfect size. The one thing an experienced pool neighbor told me was you will pay for each inch of water. Plus, our pool builder said you spend more time on the deck versus being in the pool. Many things to consider.

14x28 is a smaller mid size pool. The width makes the pool feel bigger before the length. 16 wide is nice on a 32 for an all around size. Most popular size in fact. If you have the room go for 16x32 feels much bigger in the pool

We are currently mid-build with a 29x16 1/2 rectangular pool. We were somewhat limited by our backyard size and didn’t want to look like a small yard with too big of a pool. When they first marked it out, I was worried it would be too small, but now we have the gunite in and we are pleasantly surprised by the size and think it is going to be just right!
Good luck with your build!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have that exact size (14x28) and are actually signing the contract today to expand it. Way too small. I'm 6'2" and it feels like one of those Wal-Mart inflate-a-pools to me. Until that pool, and this site, I had never seen an inground pool that small before. Never knew they made them.

So in short, I recommend going bigger - at least 16x32.

We have that exact size (14x28) and are actually signing the contract today to expand it. Way too small. I'm 6'2" and it feels like one of those Wal-Mart inflate-a-pools to me. Until that pool, and this site, I had never seen an inground pool that small before. Never knew they made them.

So in short, I recommend going bigger - at least 16x32.

OT, but hayyyy from your kind of neighbor :handwave:

Ours is 15x30, have had a couple parties where we had 8 adults in the pool, there was enough room for all in the pool, Hot Tub got tight though.

John

John - we've been looking at that exact pool in both the 30' and 35' sizes. When you said the Hot Tub was tight, was that with all 8 people in it? I've struggled to figure out if the size of the hot tub will allow for social events with about that many in it.

Thanks!

John - we've been looking at that exact pool in both the 30' and 35' sizes. When you said the Hot Tub was tight, was that with all 8 people in it? I've struggled to figure out if the size of the hot tub will allow for social events with about that many in it.

Thanks!

Yes, all 8. It is the perfect size for 2 or 4, add extra jets that fit you needs. I am not sure does the spa get larger with the 35 and 40ft models? Keep in mind there are only 3 bench sides, the side by the shelf does not have a bench.
John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.