Are there any other TFP babies out there?

OTPirate

Admin
In The Industry
Oct 2, 2013
Creedmoor, NC
I learned the TFPC method from my dad and never have been to a pool store. When I hear about people getting "pool stored" it is a foreign concept to me. If I were in the Matrix, I would have no headjack. Are there any other TFPC babies out there?

I found this site before building our pool and had my test kit well before water was in it. I have never been to a pool store either!

Take care.

I found this site and ordered my TF100 before I had keys to my house.

I went to the store for testing so I could document the water after re-plastering, but after my third test I realized their contradictory data would do me no good. I bought Metal-Free from them (plaster mfr required it) because I like to support brink & mortar when I can, but when I saw that I could have it shipped to my door for less than half.... :grrrr:

Later today I'm going to pay more for some stainless steel locknuts at a local hardware store than the big box places charge. I'm ok with that. I'm not ok with 2x from a large chain - no matter how small and nice the stores are. I can't do it!

This is the off-season for my pool and I'm away a lot, so I have a puck in the floater as I type this. It's awesome! Because of TFP, the puck lowers my maintenance even more and replenishes the CYA without sending it too high.

dcbear90 -please don't do that. All it will do is confuse you and they will try to sell you all sorts of magic potions to 'fix' your pool.

Oh, I won't buy a thing, I promise. I spent probably 3-$400 there this spring and summer before I found this place. Never again! I even buy bleach at the grocery store and the pool store is closer! I want to see how inaccurate their test is, just for my own knowledge more than anything.

I have never had water tested in a pool store. We built this pool in 2012 and it was TFP from day one. Clear water every single day since day one. My last two intex pools weren't TFP or pool store, they were just me, SWG, test strips and algae. Then I found TFP and "agreed" to "let" my wife build our current pool. My wife took a vote if we wanted to build a pool, the pool won 1-0. :-D I was completely against building a pool. Finding TFP early made it tolerable for me. Now I love our pool and I love TFP!

Happened upon this place when I was researching building an agp. Came to realize they were pool water snobs...so I thought "I could be a good pool water snob". So bought the test kit and tested the well water weeks before the build. I am pretty snobby about the water...of course now I know how justifiably so the water is...but the real kicker is how cheap and easy it is to maintain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.