Pool Build Rochester NY....... Here we Go

Jul 23, 2017
Rochester NY
18x40 vinyl liner (Loop Loc Platinum Onyx)
Hayward Pro Series Filter S210S
Hayward Super Pump
Auto Pilot SWG (DIG-220 with PPC3)
4 Jandy deck jets
AquaCal Heat Pump SQ120
Polaris P93 Robot Vac
Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED Light

Below are a couple pics of site layout. This project was supposed to start in June but rain has delayed it until now. Hopefully they did tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

More Pics Had to take out kids swing set in the back there. Lot of mess to clean up but I figure its going to get worse before it gets better.

My yard (mostly the front lawn) is my safe place. I love to manicure the lawn and landscape. I can't wait to landscape around the new pool!!!! Today they began excavation. The yard is a MESS!!!!! I am sooooooo stressed out. Haaaaaaa. The AG pool is my neighbors. No fencing required around an AG pool as long as it is at least 42" above ground. You just need a ladder that is "lockable" for lack of a better term.

I'm going to try and post more pics but they are all to big to post.......

Nice size pool! maybe think about a second light for ur length. google pics of pools with 1 light. you will see what I mean. you can switch to multiple smaller lights from pentair. they are cheaper and you can shine them across the narrow width. it's what i did. 3 over 35 feet. with no more than 22 width and they reach. good coverage!

Ok I have ask. I went to college up in buffalo but a lot of my friends were from Rochester. Spent many nights driving there late late late to go to Nick Tahoe's for garbage plates! lol That places was classic. So many funny nights going there. We used to go to the one outside the city. Is it still around and the same as it was in the late 90's? I remember order quick, don't ask questions, move along. . .

jim

I grew up on Grand Island! Do yourself a favor, lose the heatpump! Hopefully you can do natural gas. You are way too far north for the heatpump to do much. I'd even go propane with a buried tank if you have to. Just 1 light? That is a big pool for 1 light. I'd also go variable speed pump (utility rebates possibly) and saltwater.

Nick Tahoe's!!!!!! YES the best food after 230am friday and saturday HAAAAAAAA. The place in the Suburbs (Town of Gates) is still there. The name has changed to Steve T's though. Family had a falling out when the dad passed away. I used to live within walking distance of that place. Unfortunately the place in the City of Rochester closes at 8pm nowadays. The City has gotten much rougher over the years

- - - Updated - - -

I raised the 1 light issue and was told that the light will be more then enough. They stated that because the pool is rectangle and there are no curves that the light will shine nicely through the whole pool. While I appreciate the PB not trying to up sell me on another $800 light I dont know what to do. I originnaly asked for two but was talked into 1. UGH who would have thought right

Nick Tahoe's!!!!!! YES the best food after 230am friday and saturday HAAAAAAAA. The place in the Suburbs (Town of Gates) is still there. The name has changed to Steve T's though. Family had a falling out when the dad passed away. I used to live within walking distance of that place. Unfortunately the place in the City of Rochester closes at 8pm nowadays. The City has gotten much rougher over the years

- - - Updated - - -

I raised the 1 light issue and was told that the light will be more then enough. They stated that because the pool is rectangle and there are no curves that the light will shine nicely through the whole pool. While I appreciate the PB not trying to up sell me on another $800 light I dont know what to do. I originnaly asked for two but was talked into 1. UGH who would have thought right

seriously google pics of pools with 1 light. that's what changed my mind. pictures staring me right in the face of 1 light and it not reaching other end. light only travels so far.

one of my closest friend's lived within walking distance too of the suburb one. that's the one we used to always go too cause she didn't want us driving down into the city and get shot at 3:00 AM. lol Sad the city is still rough. It was rough 17 years ago.

such awesome memories! Tinseltown was where I saw the re-release of the original star wars movies too when Lucas decided to go all CGI on them. We ended up down in Rochester a lot.

seriously though google some pics of pools with 1 light. . .

Pools | Ground One

they should have vac'ed that pool before they took that picture. lol

Pool Accessories - Angie's Pool & Spa, Inc.
this one has 2. see how the coverage is getting better as u add lights

Agree that one full size color changing LED in an 18x40 pool is way to little light. We have two in that same size pool. Just right. Or more smaller ones as above.

They come to dig tomorrow. the pool is already here. I will discuss the option of adding a second light and see if it can still be done. Thanks for the input. Gonna check out the VS pump as well. The PB said it isn't really necessary. I lurked here for a bit and those two thing really go against what everyone here says. This PB has been around a long time in the area. I am struggling with their recommendations. I can't believe I'm up-selling myself. HAAAAAAA

There are a ton of places that sell "the Plate" up here now. None of them come close to the original. The ordering experience was the best. Those guys never wrote anything down. Yelled 10 orders at a time and never got it wrong or I just never really cared what they served me haaaaa. Small world!!!!

Do you have pics to share of platinum onyx pool
liner? Can you see the pattern through the water or is it more subtle and is it too shiny like an aquarium??? Please help!! So stressed about this liner or black granite .... thx!!!!!! ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.