Cleanup - Aisle 3

Teald024

TFP Guide
Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my wife saying that a bunch of rocks were hitting the back of our house & sliding glass door. So over the phone, I had to try to figure out what was going on. It turns out they came from the lot behind us where they are building a house. So far there is only a hole, a basement foundation and a lot of dirt piles. She says there is a cement truck there. Not much that would shoot rocks 100+ feet to our house. So I ask her to send me a couple of pics. OK, a cement truck and a small pumper.
I ask her to go outside and see how bad it was and she says rocks and stuff everywhere, house, patio, side of pool, on pool cover, and fence. Nothing was broke, but a big mess. About 20 minutes later a guy comes over to talk to my wife. She hands the phone to the guy to talk to me. He said that they had a blowout on the pumper hose and it shot the concrete over to our side. Concrete and pea size gravel all over the place, like someone has sneezed the stuff everywhere. My wife wasn’t too happy at all. I kinda understood that this was a fluke accident, but was still a mess. He said they never had this happen before. Honestly I was surprised and a little impressed that a pumper could do this. A guy came over and spent 2+ hours hosing stuff off. I told him to leave the pool alone, except to spray the outside wall off.
I get home and had to clean the pool. I pulled the cover off onto the grass. I spent a while spraying & scrubbing concrete & rocks off it. Now for inside the pool. I got out the vacuum hose, triangle end attachment and pole and tried to vac up the rocks. It didn’t work so well. The rocks were too big for the attachment and I just pushed them around. Too small to pick up each one by hand. I ended up duct taping the vac hose to the pole and just using that to suck up the rocks. Luckily the cover was on so the rocks were just around the outside perimeter of the liner. It still took a while to vac them all up. I then had to scrub the liner with a brush between the water level and the top rail. Overall it was a big P.I.T.A.

I can only hope it went something like this, but I don’t think it was as dramatic, lol
Sneeze

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.