Virgin soil is mortar sand... pool installation

Jul 28, 2017
Canada, North Bay
My yard was not very level, I dug down to bring the ground to virgin level but it's all mortar sand now. I guess this old swamp area was all sand filled and homes were built..

Any I ok to do my rails on this virgin sand area? The entire ground is sand...

My pool is 15 by 30, can I still pack it down the sand, water it and level it off and add the rials?

From what I'm reading adding the pool r ails on this sand area is not a good idea.

I could potentially add patio stones to all support uprights maybe that will help some?

Any advice is appreciated....

Regardless of soil makeup, there should always be patio blocks under the uprights.

Do you have neighbors with pools? You could ask them how they prepped the ground. I would be worried about the sand as well.

Check out my build....pictures are in link in my signature also.

Similar situation. My water table is literally inches below the top of my soil. The Poquoson River is less than 200' from the pool. I dug a 20'x35' hole 8 inches down and dumped around 26-30 tons of crush n run powder stone, compact and level, level and compact every 2" until I had it just right. Yes, it was an extra +$1000 in base materials but my pool aint moving for anything and its level. 18000 gallons is a lot of weight!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.