Staring to figure this out....I think.

nksprts

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
NE Pennsylvania
OK so just ran my numbers with my t 100 and starting to get it down back. Was low on cya fixed that, low on chlorine fixed that, ph fixed that. So I've started to learn how to adjust. This is first time with 2 things I'm unsure of. TA and CH...... Correct me if I'm wrong I don't have to worry about Ch at all correct? Being a vinyl pool? Other then then these numbers my Fc was a little low and I adjusted. Never adjusted Ta.

My numbers are
Fc 4
Cc0
Tc4
Ph 7.4
Ta 80
Ch 125
Cya 40

Soni added 3 cups of bleach according to pool math to bump my Fc to 6 which will be right in middle. Now I wonder if I should adjust Ch or Ta. Only 2 things I have never adjusted. I see Ta is baking soda. Is that just normal baking soda? And do I do like the other just disolvw in a bucket then dump in?

Thank you!

That looks perfect.

In a vinyl pool, too high of ch can contribute to scaling in the heater, too low doesnt really cause any problems. If your ph and ta are super low, having high calcium can make your pool 'less' corrosive, but that won't be a problem because your won't let your ph get too low.

High ta will make your ph rise up over time, the higher it is, the quicker the rise. Low ta can allow ph to swing wildly. Your ta looks to be at a pretty good level. But if you continuously have ph problems, you can adjust it in the future.

Your numbers look beautiful. Just don't let chlorine drop below 3. Since you have a small pool, I would dose it higher than 6 if it's going to get used during the day, as even a small bather load could go through quite a lot.

Well that super excites me. Thank you. I have been reading so much. Literally thought all you needed was chlorine pucks now don't even use those. Thank you. I was worried about Ta cause the t 100 says to be between 100 and 140. How low can Ta get before I worry about it?

I run my TA a bit lower than you, but I found by experimentation that a TA of 60 was my sweet spot to keep PH stable. Your sweet spot may be 80. Watch your PH and if it doesn't move much, you are in the zone and leave it alone, If it rises slowly I don't worry much about it. If it crashes then you need to do something about it.

Take your time keep good records for a few weeks and then you will have better information to go on. Then ask here for advice on what to do. I learned that with the pool under control not to fuss at it too much. A bit of MA, or CL is easy to do.

Now that you have the pool stable its time to enjoy it and not be stressed out by it. That's the goal of Trouble Free Pool.

I run my TA a bit lower than you, but I found by experimentation that a TA of 60 was my sweet spot to keep PH stable. Your sweet spot may be 80. Watch your PH and if it doesn't move much, you are in the zone and leave it alone, If it rises slowly I don't worry much about it. If it crashes then you need to do something about it.

Take your time keep good records for a few weeks and then you will have better information to go on. Then ask here for advice on what to do. I learned that with the pool under control not to fuss at it too much. A bit of MA, or CL is easy to do.

Now that you have the pool stable its time to enjoy it and not be stressed out by it. That's the goal of Trouble Free Pool.

Ok thank you! Each time I do the full set of tests, I write them in a note bad and compare to the week before and so far its been pretty stable last 3 weeks, not much tweaking needing besides the chlorine slowly getting lower. But hasn't done a whole lot. Weather has been crappy here though too so hasn't been used alot lately.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.