New Plaster Questions

Jul 24, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I have a few questions about my new plaster. I had Blue Ridge Granite installed and I am getting mixed messages from my pool store and the pool builder. The plaster is about a week and a half old. It is not a salt pool.

- Builder tells me not to worry about my PH, store tells me opposite

- Builder tells me that the water composition needs to be different for darker plaster versus lighter plaster. Pool store says that is incorrect

- Builder tells me I can put calcium in the pool before 30 days, store tells me no

- I can't get a clear answer on cleaning the pool. I have a dolphin cleaner M400

- Both have told me I can shock the pool, most of the information here says I can't

- I also do not think the plaster was done very well. There have been white and inconsistent spots from day 1 and I have a brown ring forming at the bottom of the spa

also, any advice to get the dust out of the pool? I have been brushing twice a day

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.