Opening pool having trouble

Jun 23, 2012
I have been slamming my pool for a week. There is a thick slime on the bottom and now on the top of the water. I cant seem to get a hsndle on the situation.
I have a 15x30 oval above ground
Total chorine is 20
free chlorine is 0
Cya is at 10

I had great sucess 2 years ago this year is a mess. I would post a pic but i dont see a attachments link.

I have been slamming my pool for a week. There is a thick slime on the bottom and now on the top of the water. I cant seem to get a hsndle on the situation.
I have a 15x30 oval above ground
Total chorine is 20
free chlorine is 0
Cya is at 10

I had great sucess 2 years ago this year is a mess. I would post a pic but i don't see a attachments link.
What test kit are you using?? Neither of our recomended ones would register CYA at 10 or indicate total chlorine.

You said you ordered a test kit when you had problems back in 2014 but then never posted back as to the outcome.

Are you following the SLAM Process process instructions fully?

Im using strips and going to the pool store several times a day. Unfortunately my husband thinks the strios are fine. Yes i am slamming correctly just dont have right test kit. Both pool stores near me only sell strips. The advise from pool store was to start using non chorine shock that eith free chorine at 0 the total cant clean the pool.

Im using strips and going to the pool store several times a day. Unfortunately my husband thinks the strios are fine. Yes i am slamming correctly just dont have right test kit. Both pool stores near me only sell strips. The advise from pool store was to start using non chorine shock that eith free chorine at 0 the total cant clean the pool.
Well, in 2014 you said you were buying a test kit..... It's time to buy it.

Now is the time to make a decision, keep following the pool store and dropping lots of money there or follow our methods.

It's your decision. Pool store or TFP. We don't have a magic bullet other than the best pool care chemical there is, chlorine. Non-chlorine shock and other potions the pool store offers are just ways to transfer money form you to them.

Until you have your own test kit that we can rely on the numbers there is nothing we can do other than feel bad about your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.