Hayward HP31204T Heat Pump / Chiller Question

El Syd

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2013
Richmond, VA
Hi - this is my first post although I've been a looky-loo for years. I have this Hayward heat pump with the chiller. Hayward does not have an owner's manual for this model and lumps this unit with the chiller along with all of their other heat pump units (without chillers) so there is no written instructions on how to operate this in the cooling mode.

Can someone let me know how to turn on the chiller and how to adjust the desired temperature set point?

Thanks for looking and hope some forum member has one of these that can help me. syd

My Hayward heat pump with cooling mode has a Mode button on the control panel that says heat/cool/auto. Push it until it says cool and then pause the arrows to move the set point temp up or down.

pooldv - thanks for the response, but mine doesn't have a "mode" button that allows me to choose heat pump/chiller/auto. Here is the display from my Owner's manual (which is for all heat pumps except for the model that I have!) I purchased mine in late 2013 or early 2014 after Hayward had a recall on previous models (don't know what the problem was).

It's been working fine whenever it was manually turned on - even this year - but can't seem to get it to operate now. (There is some AC5 Code that needs to come up in the display to indicate that it is in cooling mode. I can get that to come up, but when I set the cooling setpoint to say 88F and the water temperature is less than that, it goes into heat pump mode! It can't seem to get it to recognize the cooling mode.)

I guess i'll give Hayward a call tomorrow and talk to their technical department to see if they can help me.

If anybody has this particular heat pump / chiller unit, please feel free to chime in! El Syd

Attachments

• Pool HP Display.JPG
    Pool HP Display.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 30
I have the owners manual addendum that says this. I have it in .pdf but can't post a pdf on the forum.

There should be an AUTO BUTTON that performs this function: Activates the auto heat/cool mode to HEAT or COOL the
water automatically to maintain the set point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.