Grout Effloresence - Above water line

My 1.5 YO concrete pool looks to have pretty large amounts of effloresence coming through the grout, mostly where the tile meets the coping, so kinda under the lip. Its bright white and very crystaline looking. It does kinda flake off, but it seems to want to take some of the grout with it. It really seems like its coming from behind- which means that that water is moving laterally toward the pool. Doesnt make much sense though. The pool is the highest point in backyard, coping and concrete apron slope away pretty good. Soil is sandy fill and very well drained.

I know I can use some weak MA to dissolve the calcium, but I just dont want to wipe out my grout either.

Pool chemistry is good, I do have pH creep in the pool, which I add acid for regularly. Again this is quite above the water line. No deposits on the tile below the water line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.