Filters VS Monsoons

Autonoz

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2017
Casa Grande, Arizona
This is what I found when I opened my filter canister. After two or three bad monsoon storms and my pressure going up 5 psi I decided it was time to check the filters. Since I have never been inside the canister before and not sure of the condition of my filters, I ordered new ones just to be safe. Cleaned everything and put new ones in. Do you think these can be cleaned good enough to use as a second set? My pool guy said he cleaned them about three months ago. Of course I was not home to witness the cleaning, but I have to take his word he did it. afilter2.jpgafilter.JPG

I am sure they can be cleaned as long as there are no tears in the pleats.

You can soak them in TSP or auto dishwashing detergent. I use a 20 gallon rubbermaid trash can. The TSP breaks down the oils.

Take care.

How are all those solids making it into the filter? You have a skimmer and pump basket right? Do you have a leaf canister on your suction cleaner?
I do have a skimmer and pump basket, but I do not have a leaf basket on my cleaner. I need to get one and I just ordered hair nets for my skimmer basket. After the last storm my pressure dropped and after doing some checking it turned out those long grassy solids had got tangled up in my impeller. I cleaned them out and my pressure went back up.

Just an update; I did purchase a leaf canister and I also put hair nets on my skimmer basket. Prior to doing so I would have to clean the basket in my pump regularly. In the past three weeks I have not had anything in my pump basket, the two pre filters are catching the majority of the junk. This should help my filter life. I highly recommend doing both if you have not and see no downside to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.