Can someone tell me how to de-slime an intex easy set?

Bleach and brushing.

The slime is the protective biofilm that algae develops to protect it. You need to brush it off so the bleach can kill it. Don't be alarmed if your pool turns green in the process, once you get all that stuff stirred up. That's normal. It's probably going to look worse before it looks better.

Any idea how much bleach? 12x30 pool. We did already scrub and then bleach but I guess I figured it was wrong since it still feels slimy. Maybe I didn't add enough bleach? I think we did 3/4 C (8%). Also we're using the pump it came with. Should we run it more than a night once it's scrubbed and bleached?

Ok step 1 is done. When looking at the otho/phenol test I look for strong yellow and red colours, all I expect it to do is show me if there is chlorine/bleach in the water, if yellow you have some chlorine in there, the ph is somewhat more reliable avoid bright pink or weak red shades with that one.
Carry on.
Step 2. Step 3 etc.

Does your tester read CYA?

If so, use shock level for it. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

If not, raise FC to 10.

The 8 ounces you added only raised FC to 2½-3. That's normal for swimming. Probably not enough to get ahead of an algae bloom.

We did less than 8 oz, really, so I will definitely add more! FC is chlorine level?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok step 1 is done. When looking at the otho/phenol test I look for strong yellow and red colours, all I expect it to do is show me if there is chlorine/bleach in the water, if yellow you have some chlorine in there, the ph is somewhat more reliable avoid bright pink or weak red shades with that one.
Carry on.
Step 2. Step 3 etc.

thank you for the help! Will test tonight and follow those instructions. ��

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.