Filter hose crimps during vacuuming

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Check out this video. As soon as I put the vacuum plate over the skimmer my hose crimps. See attached video. I tried it without the vacuum plate and the same thing happened. I am 100% sure all the air is out of the vacuum hose as I put it over the return for 2 mins. Is it possible I just bought "cheap" hoses? Maybe I need better quality filter hoses?

Tfp hose crimps during vacuuming - YouTube

Check out this video. As soon as I put the vacuum plate over the skimmer my hose crimps. See attached video. I tried it without the vacuum plate and the same thing happened. I am 100% sure all the air is out of the vacuum hose as I put it over the return for 2 mins. Is it possible I just bought "cheap" hoses? Maybe I need better quality filter hoses?

Tfp hose crimps during vacuuming - YouTube
What was in the skimmer basket? Seems logical that the blockage would contribute to hose collapse. I also don't use the skimmer basket when I vacuum as there is one at the pump.

What was in the skimmer basket? Seems logical that the blockage would contribute to hose collapse. I also don't use the skimmer basket when I vacuum as there is one at the pump.

Oh wow you may have solved it. I have to try again when I get home from work. That is a rock so the skimmer basket doesn't float up. It's probably blocking the water from going down. I'm hoping that's the problem! I'll let you know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.