Need advice on DIY install

Feb 19, 2015
Lake forest/ CA
Hi everyone

I'm upgrading my pool to include automation and swg. I'm thinking about using the pro logic system from Hayward with a 40k swg. Only problem is I don't think I have enough space in my lines to install.

I'd rather not drastically change my plumbing but it looks like the space is too short for the swg and the flow. They also used a coupling already so where I can cut and attach is limited.

Take a look at the pics and let me know your thoughts. I thought about putting the flow rate at the very bottom but would rather not cut that line and I don't think I can get a 12" straight run before it.

I've got time. Pool install isn't until August and then I gotta wait 30 days.

Also would be interested in any other suggestions for automation and salt cells. I've got the Hayward 2 speed pump.

Thanks.
TJIMG_3054.jpgIMG_3055.jpg

I would stay with the same brand of automation and SWG so all the functions of the SWG will work. With Hayward you should be able to shut off the SWG to 0% while running the spa to keep it from over chlorination. Make sure you get the T-15 cell size if you go with a Hayward AquaRite SWG.

I would install a check valve on the outlet side of the heater, and install the cell vertically along with the flow switch. You can then loop it down to meet up with the tape measure straight section of pipe.

I just installed a AQR15 on my pentair system and it's perfectly automated. For the plumbing you need a good 2ft for the flow switch and cell. I was able to extend all of my plumbing to/from the valve since I had the space. Yours looks really tight. You want to be careful not to add too many bends in the system.

I just installed a AQR15 on my pentair system and it's perfectly automated. For the plumbing you need a good 2ft for the flow switch and cell. I was able to extend all of my plumbing to/from the valve since I had the space. Yours looks really tight. You want to be careful not to add too many bends in the system.
Do you have a spa and can set the SWG to 0% automatically if you want to run the spa?
Which Pentair automation are you running?

Do you have a spa and can set the SWG to 0% automatically if you want to run the spa?
Which Pentair automation are you running?
Check my other thread a couple down from here for specifics. I only have mine set up on the pool side. I dont chlorinate spa only. I really dont see a need to based on the fact i turn the water over all the time with my infloor system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.