Polyethylene Discharge Hose

I simply created a "erector set" of DWV PVC pipes and fittings to use as my backwash line. It's maybe four parts that I put together and connect to the backwash stub on the filter valve. When I'm done, I disassemble it and put it away. No need to glue anything together as the backwash is an open pipe and so there's very little water pressure involved.

I simply created a "erector set" of DWV PVC pipes and fittings to use as my backwash line. It's maybe four parts that I put together and connect to the backwash stub on the filter valve. When I'm done, I disassemble it and put it away. No need to glue anything together as the backwash is an open pipe and so there's very little water pressure involved.
Matt, can you post a picture? Thanks.

I did for a while but it's a pain to unroll and roll up (as I can't leave it out in the sun here) and the length I needed to use meant that it could easily get kinked up when the backwash is going. I exploded one once because the hose kinked about half way along and the water filled it up like a stretched water balloon. It eventually burst from the pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.