Came back to a green swamp on June 25th. Balanced the pool chemicals and started in earnest to keep the shock level up on June 27th. Convincing my son to get into the swamp and scrub/vaccum was interesting. I am 12 days into it and it is cloudy.
After 6 days it turned into a slightly greenish cloud. Visibility is about 2 feet, top to bottom. I bring the FC level up to 16 most nights and it drops back down to 6 by the following evening. I have run the pool filter continuously and the electric company loves me.
I have had the FC stay constant overnight and the CC nonexistent only to have CC come up during the day with the FC dropping 50%. Solar cover is on. Pretty sure it is not all gone.
Here are the numbers:
FC 16 (At Shock Level using both bleach and trichlor pucks)
PH 7.8 (Using Trichlor pucks to bring it down)
1. I have a solar cover on it during the day/night; good, bad or doesn't matter?
2. Thinking about taking sand filter apart to see if it has enough sand. The pool is 1.5 years old and the installer set the filter up?
3. I backwash every other day although the pressure doesn't indicate it is needed?
4. Does a clarifier work to dissolve the cloud in the pool?
5. Tried turning the filter off for 24 hours to see if cloud settles, no luck.
Do I just keep with the program or try something different?