New pool with test results

I have had my 7600 gallon pool filled with water for about 9 days without adding any chemicals and it has turned green and slimy walls. I finally received my Taylor 2006 kit today and took results.
Fc 0
ph 8+
TA 70
Ch (didn't test)
cya 0 (black dot didn't disappear )

What should I add to get this pool ready to enjoy. I want to slam the pool to get rid of the algae. If I haven't added any chemicals are my test results correct? Im confused on what I should do and how much chlorine to add if my ph is over 8,cya is 0 and fc is zero. So with my FC at 0 I don't see on the chlorine/cya chart a target amount.please help me as this is my first pool. I need to put in chlorine but don't know how much to start off with. Any help and a plan would be great. Thank you

Right now: pour half a gallon of bleach in the pool. You need to get some chlorine in asap.

Then add cya (stabilizer): put it in a sock in front of a return. Enough to get to 30ppm (use pool math). It will slowly dissolve.

Then get the ph down to 7.2. do it in small steps… half of what pool math says you need, and retest every 15 minutes until it's good.

15 minutes after your last acid addition, you should start adding enough chlorine to bring yourself up to shock level for chlorine (12ppm fc)

This can all be done tonight, including the start of the slam.

Are you familiar with the slam process?

Ok so I just added the half gallon of liquid chlorine I have. Tomorrow I will pick up the other items I need. Yes I've watch the video and read pool school about the slam process. After I get the ph and cya correct I should type in my results and then start the slam process and add the recommended chlorine amount.

Ok so I just added the half gallon of liquid chlorine I have. Tomorrow I will pick up the other items I need. Yes I've watch the video and read pool school about the slam process. After I get the ph and cya correct I should type in my results and then start the slam process and add the recommended chlorine amount.
Yup. And retest FC frequently so you never drop below that shock level. And don't forget to brush!

How's it going guys. I woke up this morning to my pool looking a lot clearer but it's cloudy. I also bought the chlorine stabilizer and muriatic acid. My question now is do I need to still do a slam? If I don't need to slam I will get the ph down and add the cya(30 ppm) in a sock and add reccomened chlorine all levels from pool math. If you guys suggest slamming I will start that process. Hopefully you guys see this tonight so I can get it going. Thank you very much for the help.

Yes. If cloudy you still need to slam. With no stabilizer, that half gallon of bleach was like a mini-slam... Keep it up and it will look crystal clear in a day or two.

Add the stabilizer asap. Let your FC fall below 10 then test ph and adjust the ph (false results on the ph test at fc above 10).

Then resume the slam.

So last night I added 117oz of 10%bleach from a fc of zero and a target of 12. I also added 9oz of muriatic acid from a test result of 8+. And added 32oz of stabilizer from a cya of zero and target of 12. When I woke up this morning I tested it and I got fc=6.0, cya 50ppm and the water is pretty cloudy. I don't know how my cya got that high and fc only at 6. So I added 54oz of bleach and last test was fc= 10.5. Should I add 15oz more of bleach 10% to get up to 12? What did I do wrong and what should I do about the cya and fc? Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
With CYA moving up to 50 you need to adjust your FC up to 20 and maintain it there. Test the FC as often as you can, waiting about 30 minutes after adding chlorine. You'll be done when you pass the SLAM criteria that Jezza posted above.

What is your CC level?

I just tested fc and cc. Fc= 9.5-10 and when I added the 5 drops of r-0003 it turned pink in the slightest bit and got a total of 2 drops to get a CC of 1.just to make sure I'm doing this right I should add 3qts of 10% bleach to raise my FC to 20 and then retest after 30 min to make sure my FC is at 20? Does your cya drop and how fast does it drop? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.