Green Pool opening after 4 years

salik

Jun 27, 2017
wyckoff
Hi, I have a inground pool and opening after 4 years.

All walls are green and base is all algae and green. There wasn't much water in it so i took all the remaining water. Its an empty pool right now.

I plan to power wash the pool from inside to remove all green walls and base of the pool. Once I am done with that I plan to fill it up with water.

Any ideas of cleaning and where should i get water from? (Fill it on own? Get delivered?)

Thanks for help!

Welcome! :wave:

Are you on a well? Is the water really hard or have a lot of Iron in it? That should dictate the source of the water.

As far as cleaning, powerwashing should take care of most of it. I don't understand what you're asking.

The only thing for sure is that you should have your own test kit. Take control of things from the get-go. You might never ever have to deal with green again. I use a TF100.

Thanks for reply. I am not on a well. Not sure how much Iron is in water. I have ordered my TF100 kit today so will take few days.

Just wanted to share my plan and see if it makes sense. Another problem i have is that the liner is falling from one small area. C0EC07B3-F812-4AF0-A593-8D3A7E6B9859.jpgCB9C8980-19A2-4970-A800-387C93D5ACF8.jpg

How should i fix this? and you see the walls, is power wash the best option?

That looks like my pool did four years ago. I bet a pool shop could fix the liner. or knows someone who can.

I shocked it, scrubbed it, and had to change the DE in my filter several times - you are way ahead of me by power washing it first.

Use the method described here, and your water will probably be crystal clear like mine!

Unless you have a monster well, it will take forever to fill, and probably be hard on your well pump.

We hired a guy with an old milk tanker get water from a nearby lake and truck it to us. We needed three or four loads. It was very expensive - almost a grand. Yikes!

You can put that small piece of liner back in yourself, it's not hard, if the pool is empty it is even easier, you can get some beadlock to put in to keep it in place, I put beadlock around the entire perimeter of my pool, just to make sure the liner doesn't ever slip out. It actually makes the pool look better, a nice piece of trim around the top of the pool. It's cheap and easy to get, just make sure you get a non marring dead blow hammer to help with installing it. Bead lock should just be a part of every inground vinyl liner pool install. Not sure why it isn't just installed when built

You can put that small piece of liner back in yourself, it's not hard, if the pool is empty it is even easier, you can get some beadlock to put in to keep it in place, I put beadlock around the entire perimeter of my pool, just to make sure the liner doesn't ever slip out. It actually makes the pool look better, a nice piece of trim around the top of the pool. It's cheap and easy to get, just make sure you get a non marring dead blow hammer to help with installing it. Bead lock should just be a part of every inground vinyl liner pool install. Not sure why it isn't just installed when built

I was actually able to put it back, I just drilled screws through the plastic into the wall. Hopefully it sticks. Not really sure what beadlock is. I google it and some car rims show up. Where can i buy that?

Pool update: power washed it and brushed it with Clorox. Super clean. Filling it with two water hoses, almost half done. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.